The IT Engineering team is responsible for the design, deployment and management of the infrastructure, endpoints and applications our end users use to be productive in their roles. This position reports to the IT Engineering Lead, who is based in Singapore. The ideal candidate will be based out of our Singapore or Hong Kong office.
Our IT infrastructure roughly looks like this:
- Identity by Okta for 150+ SAAS services
- Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian Suite, Github
- Workstations include Mac, Linux, Windows, Chromebooks, and VDI instances
- Very little on-premise infrastructure. We’re cloud-based as much as possible
- Workstations run device-management and endpoint protection clients
- SIEM monitors events from endpoint-protection, SAAS services, and networks
We have multiple role levels (I, II, Senior, Staff) within this specialization and the role level for a candidate will be determined based on past experience and interview performance.
As an individual contributor on our IT Engineering team, you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Developing subject matter expertise in the areas of specialization or related domains
- Designing, implementing and managing network, security, and cloud infrastructure in accordance with IT guidelines and standards
- Responding in a timely manner to requests and incidents, proactively identifying and resolving problems of simple to complex scope, and escalating problems of broader scope as needed
- Research solutions for new business and operational requirements or to improve existing solutions, performing evaluations and proof of concepts, and working with vendors to meet success outcomes as defined
- Working with project managers and leads to deliver technical projects with efficiency, quality, and impact
- Identifying areas of improvement for processes, technologies, and tools that provide better security, higher productivity, and/or cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring all infrastructure components are monitored for health issues, proactively identifying incidents, and providing escalation support for issues that require engineering support by troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Identifying and applying security best practices in current processes to address identified issues in threat models, and keeping infrastructure appliances and devices updated
- Implementing change management by drafting and peer reviewing change requests that achieve a high standard for clarity
- Understanding and driving prioritized tasks based on department and company goals
- Creating and contributing to team documentation and checklists with little direction which allows the company to scale and saves time for future members
- Using time wisely, discovering, learning along the way and asking for help when needed
- Providing technical guidance and assistance to other engineers, and sharing knowledge via technical sharing sessions
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and operating network switches such as Juniper EX series, or similar devices from Cisco, Aruba, and other vendors.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and operating firewalls such as Palo Alto firewalls, or similar appliances from Fortinet, Checkpoint, and Cisco.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and operating networking components in public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Proficiency in TCP/IP and network protocols, and information security.
- Experience in reviewing and planning server room cooling, power, and other related factors based on bill of materials.
- Experience in device hardening, vulnerability assessment, and patch management.
Good to have
- Experience in automating your daily tasks by writing scripts (or making use of existing scripts) and tools in Python, bash, terraform, powershell
- Experience in Okta identity and access management, or similar services such as Jumpcloud, Duo, or Azure AD.
- Experience in virtualization technologies and concepts from VMware or Nutanix
- Proficiency in Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems and concepts
- Proficiency in managing/troubleshooting server hardware or endpoints
- Working experience in reviewing and assessing data privacy, and regulatory requirements for services, systems or appliances