For more than 10 years, we’ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We’re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we’re just getting started.
We’re profitable and growing. We’re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
Make our global consumer SaaS available all the time, everywhere
Are you a problem solver who loves to make a direct impact on customers globally? Join us to be part of a friendly cross-functional team at the core of our Tech Operations. You’ll help ensure that we’re delivering service to our customers at expected quality levels and within reasonable costs.
- Ensure we have sufficient capacity of resources at reasonable costs.
- Estimate future capacity needs based on recent usage and business trends.
- Determine current capacity. Coordinate load-tests and interview datacenters to understand the nature and size of bottlenecks. Involve engineers as needed.
- Determine gaps between current capacity and future needs.
- Create and execute plans for procuring/replacing/deprecating resources to meet future needs. This involves complex decision making. You need to compare various vendors in terms of their service-quality to users, service-quality to us internally, pricing, and risk-levels. Negotiate deals with datacenters. Those involve not just pricing, but also conditions on volume-commitments, length, functionality, out-clauses, and other criteria. You also need to balance technical considerations like service-quality and security and risk levels.
- Adjust our load-balancing and location-picking systems to optimize our customer experience while keeping cost within budget.
- Design, document and improve processes. The nature of the team’s work is highly complex. Our processes need to enable normal human beings to consistently deliver excellent results.
- Triage incidents and manage them to resolution. Issues can come from our internal monitoring systems, escalations from customer support-team, as well as our 150+ datacenters.
- Create weekly SLA reports, analyze, find insight, drive action.
Your success metrics:
- Quality-metrics within SLA, especially relating to uptime and speeds.
- Budget efficiency. Keep $ costs per active user within budget.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers on our team, as well as sales and tech-support staff at data centers.
- You’ll need a driven personality. Demand fast turnaround times from the datacenters, chase and push to get things done.
- You should have a keen ability to ask questions, dig into an issue until you understand it.
- You must be comfortable handling competing priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking. Comfortable doing basic data analysis in Excel or similar tools.
- Experience in process-oriented problem-solving.
- Experiencing in negotiating deals with vendors.
- Basic familiarity with Linux
- Experience working with developers and sysadmins. Be comfortable with (or quick to learn) technical terms such as IP addresses, ports, protocols, and load-balancing.
- Some product and project management experience
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume