Drive the global scaling of the tech operations
Join a dynamic team at the core of our global operations. As part of the first line of responders, you will have a direct impact on service quality as experienced by our millions of users. You will make use of your strong analysis capabilities to solve complex problems and collaborate with many teams in a dynamic environment that will help us scale to new heights.
- Design, document and improve processes. The nature of the team’s work is complex. Our processes need to enable normal human beings to consistently deliver excellent results.
- Represent Operations in cross-team projects and drive new initiatives. Analyse cross-team operational problems, assess business value and evaluate new areas of responsibility for Operations then define processes and SLA.
- Triage and manage incidents to resolution. We’re tier-1 responders.
- Scope incidents coming from our internal monitoring systems, escalation from the customer support team, as well as our 150+ data centres.
- Investigate to find root causes and involve members from other teams where necessary but own and drive problem resolution.
- Ensure we have sufficient resources at reasonable costs.
- Determine current capacity. Coordinate load-tests and interview data centres to understand the nature and size of bottlenecks. Involve engineers as needed.
- Determine gaps between current capacity and future needs based on recent usage and business trends.
- Create and execute plans for procuring/replacing/deprecating resources to meet future needs. This involves complex decision making. Source, assess, negotiate deals and manage relationships with vendors. Those involve not just pricing, but also conditions on volume-commitments, length, functionality, out-clauses, and other criteria. You also need to balance technical considerations like service-quality and security and risk levels.
- Adjust our load-balancing and location-picking systems to optimize our customer experience while keeping costs within budget.
- Report on our key metrics. Understand what we currently track and how, suggest improvements with clear objectives and specifications then monitor, analyze, find insights and drive action.
Your success metrics cover areas including:
- Quality of service as experienced by users
- $ costs per active user
- Risk levels across vendors, key people, and security
To succeed in this role, you:
- Have at least 5 years of working experience
- Must have excellent skills in process design and management. You’re skilled at designing and documenting business processes, rolling them out, defining and tracking their metrics, and improving them over time.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability quickly to learn about technology. You’re able to ask insightful questions to dig into an issue until you understand it.
- Must be comfortable handling competing priorities.
- Must have a driven personality. Demand fast turnaround times from vendors, chase and push to get things done.
Nice skills to have, but not required
- Proven experience as an effective project manager.
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience negotiating deals and managing vendor relationships.
- Basic familiarity with Linux.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.