You’ll join a team of Network and Systems Engineers continuously evolving our global infrastructure. Everything we do is focused on our customers, with a large emphasis on security, data-driven decision making, and reproducible automation. You’ll be working with leading experts in their fields, ensuring that we’re always delivering service to our customers at superior quality levels and within reasonable costs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and improve our global Linux-based distribution systems (internal CDN), which deliver critical configuration and software securely to our fleet of >3000 servers
- Build and maintain our monitoring systems, responsible for both reporting on the health of our service and also for developing automated self-healing processes
- Write modules and plugins to better monitor our service. The language of choice is Python and we insist on very high levels of automated test coverage, but it’s OK if you’re relatively new to both. You’ll have very experienced colleagues to guide your learning.
- Automate time-heavy and time-sensitive tasks to provide customers a better service
- Troubleshoot exceptions and outages in real-time, determine root-cause and submit suggested code and/or infrastructure changes to address them
- Deliver solutions to our Operations teams, enabling them to provide the best service to our customers at all times. This will include monitoring dashboards, tooling, data analysis and regular reports.
- Be the escalation path for our Operations Team, who are responsible for the day-to-day operation of our global service.
- Document everything you touch.
- Excellent Linux Systems Administration and Troubleshooting skills
- Strong development skills in at least one server-side language, Python preferred
- Comfortable configuring and debugging networking on Linux, iptables/nftables
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible
- A keen ability to ask questions to dig into an issue until you understand it
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Writing clear postmortems for issues and communicating changes to the broader team.
- A strong desire to continuously learn and ramp up your skills in a range of different areas. We move fast in leveraging the latest technologies for maximum business value.
- Composure when faced with competing priorities and context switching.
- Nice to have: Linux certification such as RHCE
- Nice to have: proven experience in writing automated tests. You’ll definitely need to write them here, but it’s OK if you’ll need to learn first.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
About Our Company
For more than 10 years, we’ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We’re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we’re just getting started.
We’re profitable and growing. We’re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume