About the Shared Engineering Organization
We build and operate tools and services that are shared by the entire business and that empower other teams. Some are facing our customers, some are internal only. Our customers are:
- Other engineers in our product units. We provide them with:
- Services for user accounting, authentication, and authorization.
- Tools and services to build, test, release, and monitor our native apps.
- Data platform tools and services to enable the safe, reliable and cost-efficient ingestion and processing of data and making them available to analysts.
- Marketing and sales functions. We provide them with:
- Functionality in our end-user-facing products and services to acquire, retain, and regain customers and collect payments.
- Tools and services for customer relationship management, enabling marketers to communicate with customers across all apps and media.
- Tools and services for content management for our website and other media.
- Sales attribution tools and services.
- Customer support team. We provide them with tools for interacting with our customer database.
- Data analysts. They rely on us for appropriately anonymized data.
We are accountable for:
- Satisfaction of our internal customers
- Payment success rates and keeping transaction costs within limits
- Minimal involuntary churn, meaning the rate of customers canceling their subscription because of payment problems
- End-user satisfaction with payments, authentication, and account management
- Compliance with our brand guidelines
- Operating within acceptable risk levels
- Operating within budget
Responsibilities of this position
This is a newly created position to mark the creation of the Shared Engineering Organization and thus allow the formation of Product Units. Your responsibilities include:
- Set the road map for all domains described above, and lead delivery and operation.
- That includes understanding the needs of your customers, managing the relationships with them, and tracking their levels of satisfaction.
- You have authority to:
- Add anything to the product backlog.
- Decide the overall sorting of items on the backlog. The subset of end-user-facing stories is sorted by product marketing.
- Veto any project.
- Product marketing defines end-user-facing stories affecting your domains, and engages you to deliver and operate them. Some stories will be ready to implement directly, others will require you to engage the services of product managers.
- Guiding all processes covering software development, project management, the formation of cross-functional teams, technical operations, hiring, performance management, and learning and development.
- Manage the hiring plan for your team world-wide. Create your headcount budget, structure your organization and align it with other functions, design plans for assessing candidates, work with our recruiting-team to source and test candidates, hire, and onboard new staff.
- Lead your direct reports. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable.
- Ensure that risks are well managed across security, privacy, business continuity, and others.
- Manage your budget across all types of spending.
Desired skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you:
- Must have led teams:
- Of at least 30 engineers
- That build native apps for two or more platforms as well as cloud-based systems
- With high levels of automated test coverage
- And at least a reasonable level of security
- And operate 24/7/365
- Must have these abilities:
- Extremely sharp logic and communication skills.
- Vision. You see how you’d like customers, teams, technology, and competitors to relate years into the future.
- Leadership. You define goals and strategies, design organizations, hire, motivate, assess, and manage.
- Learning. You quickly acquire and understand new skills and knowledge and apply them to your work.
- Will benefit from these skills and background:
- Guiding the evolution of a microservices architecture.
- Expertise in security threat modeling and mitigation.
- Understanding of consumer SaaS marketing technology, including content management for web and apps, marketing attribution, as well as customer relationship management across web, apps, and emails.
- Excellent project management skills. You run efficient projects and have metrics to prove it.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
#hongkong #singapore #london #sydney #sanfrancisco #losangeles #seattle #newyork #tokyo #seoul #toronto #vancouver #montreal #telaviv #engineering #mgmt #product #DIR #EXEC #ft