We’re looking for a world-class developer to join our team in building our Windows super app. You’ll use the latest technologies and frameworks to create a modern, responsive, and highly-performant application providing multiple products in the privacy and security space.
Join the Team
The Windows Team provides the scaffolding for multiple products to create a super-app of privacy and security services for Windows. We:
- Build the foundations of the app into which other product units then add more functionalities.
- Define core architecture, including guardrails, to enable multiple teams to contribute safely.
- Build core functionality in authentication, user subscriptions, in-app purchases, local and push notifications, in-app messages, and more.
- Configure and manage our build systems.
- Operate our test pipelines.
- Pick test frameworks and guide other teams on using them well.
- Have a veto right over contributions by other teams.
- Coordinate releases to customers, typically once every two weeks or more frequently.
- Coordinate technical documentation.
- Provide apps developer time and expertise on the Windows platform as a service for other teams.
- Are accountable for: Quality, Velocity, Shipping speed, and Satisfaction of other engineers with their ability to contribute to the apps.
Why we want you
As a member of this team, you will:
- Write high-quality, well-architected, modular code that is easy to read and maintain.
- Ensure your code and the application as a whole have excellent automated test coverage.
- Ensure your code follows modern Windows development practices.
- Ensure the app has a clean, simple, and robust architecture to enable other teams to contribute code easily.
- Ensure our application functions correctly and looks great on a wide range of Windows OS versions and hardware.
- Ensure our application behaves well in a broad range of environments, such as when installed alongside other security software or in complex networks.
- Ensure your build and test pipelines are fast and stable.
- Provide high-quality code reviews for your team and other contributors to the code base.
- Lead by example and provide guidance and mentorship to other developers.
- Provide technical insights to the Product Management team.
- Work closely with the Design Team to design and build great UI and a great user experience.
- Undertake spikes, prototyping, and R&D work to investigate feasibility and de-risk complex projects.
- Maintain an excellent velocity.
- Write clear and comprehensive tech designs and test plans, and ensure work is broken down into accurately sized bite-sized chunks.
Requirements of the role
Please get in touch if you have the following skills or experience, we’d love to tell you more about this role and our company.
- Proven track record working on consumer Windows applications using native frameworks.
- Experience as a C# / WPF developer.
- Excellent at writing well-architected code using design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, and MVP.
- Excellent at writing automated test cases and following TDD practices.
- Experience writing thread-safe code.
- Experience with agile software development practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a logical mindset and are a great problem solver.
Though not essential, we think these skills would be beneficial to have.
- Experience working with the Windows Filtering Platform (WFP).
- Good knowledge of .NET Core.
- Experienced building “super apps.”
- Experience with RX, or CaliburnMicro, or MVVMLite.
- Excellent at building UIs.
- Experience in C/C++ development.
- Knowledge of Python / Bash / Powershell.
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming.
- Experience with BDD.
- Experience writing tech designs and threat models.
What we can offer you
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours.
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment.
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits.
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices.
- Financially successful and profitable company.
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit.
- Team lunches and company events every quarter.
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities.
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.