For more than 10 years, weâ€™ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. Weâ€™re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And weâ€™re just getting started.
Weâ€™re profitable and growing. Weâ€™re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
Weâ€™re looking for an experienced people-manager with great technical skills to lead our team of cross-platform engineers building components shared by our apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and routers. These components are written in Go, C, and C++ but youâ€™ll also touch on many other technologies.Â
The teamâ€™s goal is to enable the platform-specific teams to deliver the easiest to use, fastest, most reliable, and most secure service provider. You will be responsible for maximizing the teamâ€™s velocity in delivering a top-quality product that meets these goals.
We believe all our leads should be both great people leads but also be highly technical and hands-on. Expect to be involved in all aspects of your teamâ€™s work, including hands-on coding, problem-solving, tech designs, code reviews, and test plans.
- Lead a team of experienced developers.Â
- Train your team to operate at the high standards you set without the need for you oversight
- Foster ownership and communication skills amongst your team members
- Hire, motivate, mentor, define responsibilities, hold people accountable, manage career plans.
- Promote engineering excellence in your teamÂ
- Ensure a high code quality bar by undertaking code reviews and training your team to perform reviews to a high standard
- Ensure complex features have clear and comprehensive requirements and technical designs
- Ensure that architectural decisions are made well
- Ensure test plans are well written and both test quality and coverage is highÂ
- Be security focussed in all aspects of your teams work
- Remain hands-on with technical work
- Be a significant contributor to your codebases on a regular basis
- Lead your by example by setting a high-quality bar and high velocity of delivery
- Work closely with the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architectural decisions.
- Own all aspects of your platforms and processes
- Ensure we use efficient tools and processes and your teamâ€™s development processes are smooth and efficient. Prefer automation wherever possible.
- Make sure your apps release process is robust and app performance is well monitored
- Wear a project manager hat when needed in order to ensure that your teamâ€™s stack is clear and focussed on the right business priorities
- Operate across team boundaries fluidly
- Bridge the gap between developers and product managers. Your team is highly technical and will need guidance in translating and communicating complex technical issues to user-focussed product managers and UX designers.Â
- Own specific projects end-to-end across company teams
- Expert in at least one of C/C++ or Go
- Experienced working as a development team lead, e.g. lead developer, Scrum master
- Experienced people manager – you can motivate, coach and train team members and know how to hold them accountable through regular feedback and formal performance reviews
- Experience as a hiring manager, youâ€™ve hired, trained and promoted talents within your teams to work more effectively.
- Expert communicator – excellent precision questioning and answering skills, can absorb and distill information clearly and efficiently
- Expert in writing automated tests with a passion for writing well-tested code
- Passion for writing well-architected readable code thatâ€™s easy to maintain by a team of several developers.
- Strong sense of ownership and great communication skills.
- Security oriented mindsetÂ
- Hunger for learning new skillsÂ
- Great problem solver
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming.
- Experience working in multi-threaded environments.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, and GTest.
- Experience with native languages and frameworks for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android or Linux.
- Server-side development experience and/or AWS experience.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalitiesÂ
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resumeÂ Â