We envision a digital world that’s private and secure. Our industry-leading cybersecurity products empower millions of individuals to take control of their privacy and security online.
Our SaaS business is very successful. We’ve been at this for over a decade, and we’re still growing fast in a rapidly expanding industry. We have the resources to tackle large challenges for the long term and are always innovating to stay ahead of the curve.
Now we need you.
We’re a skilled team with 900 people all over the world. Our processes are efficient, we make decisions based on data, our culture is meritocratic, and we offer ample opportunity for career growth. We’re bright, diverse, and experienced, and we love challenges. We’re looking for talent across all functions to join us as we strive to become the very best in our industry.
Sounds like the place for you? Come be part of our mission.
Take the lead of our platform automation
We believe in a high degree of automation in our CI/CD systems. We expect our build and test pipelines to be easy to configure, require minimal human effort to operate and to be fast, stable and secure. We want our developers to be able to ship their applications with high frequency, with high confidence and with minimal manual effort.
We want you to lead the team which builds and operates our CI/CD systems and provides additional tools and support to developers to ensure their SDLs are as efficient as possible.
Examples of interesting challenges you will face:
- We build apps for many platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers, and browser extensions. There dozens of microservices, as well as 3000+ physical servers running our own architecture.
- Apps include many components, including drivers, installers, clients and servers, cross-platform C and C++ libraries, and other pieces that create a broad range of challenges.
- High-security requirements, including to ensure the integrity of our releases. Our pipelines must be difficult to compromise, and we must have a very high chance of detecting compromises.
- A lot of tests, and they need to run quickly. We need to scale infrastructure horizontally automatically. That can be challenging especially with Hardware
- Our tests need to run in a complex set of environments spanning a range of networks, client hardware and client platforms.
- Developers are distributed globally and must be able to work efficiently even without physical access to a lab.
About the Team
Your team owns our fully automated CI/CD pipeline. Highlights of functionality it provides are:
- Signing and storing build artifacts.
- Serving artifacts to developers and other systems through web applications and CLIs.
- Serving our Alpha version applications to internal customers.
- Automatically verifying that applications shipped to customers are genuine artifacts produced by our build system.
- Mocking our APIs for testing.
- Automatically triggering and coordinating test runs simultaneously, in many environments and capturing results.
- Mitigating the risk of supply chain attacks on our 3rd party dependencies.
- Tooling to automatically aggregate and check our open source licenses
The pipeline is built using a combination of off the shelf 3rd party solutions and custom-built applications and systems, including CircleCI, Jenkins, Robohydra, Azure, AWS (S3, EC2, Cloudformation, Lambda, ECS and more).
Your team provide the infrastructure to allow developers to execute tests automatically. The developers themselves are responsible for writing test cases.
As the leader of this team, you will ensure that your systems enable developers to be as productive as possible whilst meeting a very high-security bar.
Your team’s responsibilities include:
- Build, maintain and operate the CI/CD pipeline and ensure your systems have great uptime, are bug-free, and can be redeployed quickly and easily.
- Administer 3rd party services such as AWS, GitHub and CircleCI.
- Ensure every GitHub push leads to a full run of our CI/CD system.
- Ensure developers can run their test suites in an unlimited number of environments with a high degree of parallelism.
- Continually enhance systems to improve efficiency.
- Provide additional tooling to solve common problems across development teams.
- Ensure operating costs are well tracked and contribute to the reduction of those operating costs.
- Enable developers to self-serve as much as possible in configuring and debugging their pipelines by writing great documentation and providing training to developers as needed.
- Work directly with developers to identify areas where we can improve efficiency through better automation and tooling.
- You will be accountable for Uptime, Operating costs, Scalability, Efficiency and Security.
- Experienced in building using common AWS services such as S3, EC2, Cloudformation, Lambda and ECS.
- Experienced in building complex systems comprising multiple components from cloud services and custom applications.
- Experienced with CI and automation frameworks such as Jenkins or CircleCI.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Proven track record in leading the technical work of other people.
- Experienced with standard SDL practices such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, great problem solver, hunger for learning and positive disposition.
- Experienced developer on at least one client-side platform, e.g. iOS or Windows.
- Experienced Scrum Master.
- Experience with the Appium test framework or similar.
- Experience with Robohydra or similar tools.
- Experience with TDD and BDD.
- Experienced in writing technical designs, threat models and test plans.
- Proven track record as a people manager
- holding your team accountable;
- leading skills development and career plans;
- providing continual feedback to your team members, motivating them and coaching them;
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume