We’re looking for a Software Development Lead to take control of our platform automation
You will lead the team that builds and operates our CI/CD systems and provides additional tools and support to developers to ensure their SDLs are as efficient as possible.
We believe in a high degree of automation in our CI/CD systems. We expect our build and test pipelines to be easy to configure, require minimal human effort to operate, and be fast, stable, and secure. Developers should ship their applications automatically, with high frequency and high confidence.
Our apps are built for many platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers, and browser extensions. Dozens of microservices, as well as 3000+ physical servers, run our own architecture.
- Apps include many components, including drivers, installers, clients and servers, cross-platform C and C++ libraries, and other pieces that create a broad range of challenges.
- Releases have high-security requirements. Our pipelines must be difficult to compromise, and we must have a very high chance of detecting issues.
- Tests need to run quickly in a complex set of environments spanning a range of networks, client hardware, and client platforms. And we need to scale infrastructure horizontally automatically.
- Developers are distributed globally and must work efficiently, even without physical access to a lab.
About the team
Our team consists mainly of Software Engineers who solve many complex problems with a wide range of technologies. The team engineers a platform of CI/CD pipelines which:
- Build all software in the company.
- Schedule, execute, and coordinate tests in a vast range of hardware, software, and networking environments.
- Allow teams to infinitely shard and parallelize their workloads to ensure the build and test pipelines are fast and stable.
- Meet the security needs of all our teams.
We are looking for someone who can meet our customers’ needs using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom solutions. You will have the authority to decide what technologies we make available to the company, and are accountable for ensuring that those technologies meet our customers’ needs.
Your team’s responsibilities include:
- Building the CI/CD platform and providing new functionalities in a timely fashion when the need arises.
- Providing other teams with a clear specification of the functionalities and related SLAs.
- Maintaining and operating the platform, and meeting the SLA requirements. The team is not responsible for monitoring individual pipelines.
- Maintaining the relationship with third party providers, including ensuring we have appropriate plans to meet our customers’ needs.
- Providing all teams with monthly reports on the detailed cost of operating their pipeline.
- Providing documentation, training sessions, and direct support for all our services, including both off the shelf and internal solutions.
- Ensuring our systems are secure through threat modeling, set expectations, and providing our customers with visibility.
You are accountable for:
- Operating costs
- Experienced in engineering complex systems comprising multiple components from cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and custom applications.
- Experienced with CI and automation frameworks such as Jenkins, CircleCI, or Buildkite.
- Excellent at writing automated tests.
- Proven track record in leading the technical work of other people.
- Experienced with Agile SDL practices such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, great problem solver, hunger for learning, and a positive disposition.
- Experienced developer on at least one client side platform, e.g. iOS or Windows.
- Experienced using AWS services such as S3, EC2, Cloudformation, Lambda and ECS.
- Experienced developer in a lower level language like C++ or Rust.
- Experienced Scrum Master.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with the Appium test framework or similar.
- Experience with TDD and BDD.
- Experienced in writing technical designs, threat models, and test plans.
- Proven track record as a people manager.
What we offer
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
This job can be based in our office in Hong Kong or Singapore, or even remote within 8 hours of time zone difference.
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.