We’re looking for creative server-side software developers
Join our back-end teams building user-friendly online services for consumers. We use a micro-services architecture with a broad range of different technology stacks and high levels of automated test coverage. The majority of our back-end is written in Ruby.
- Scale and performance challenges. Handle tens of thousands of rpm, scale across geographically distributed datacenters, solve complex computational tasks quickly, and be highly available.
- Security. We work with world-class penetration testers.
- API design. We have client-side apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers, and browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Keep the API designs simple and meet the various requirements for our apps.
- Split-testing. We make heavy use of A/B testing to optimize our front-end for sales conversions. We have enough volume to often get significant results within one day.
Your responsibilities may cover systems that each bring their own set of interesting technical and design challenges, especially around scale, security, and availability.
- Continuous Delivery. All logic is tested automatically. We deploy multiple times per day. We often use TDD.
- Microservices architecture. We can pick the right stack for each individual application. Currently those involve combinations of Ruby, Go, Node.JS, C, mySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Docker, Chef and Ansible.
- Code-reviews. We invest in spreading knowledge around the team, and keeping our code easy to read, test, and maintain.
- You love to solve problems, you’re excited about building well-designed systems, eager to learn and continually improve your skills.
- You take great pride in the quality of your code
- Expert in at least one modern server-side language. You test your code primarily with automation.
- Eager to learn some Ruby (you’ll see a lot of it here, though it won’t necessarily be your primary language)
- Nice to have: Experience building high-load scalable systems
- Nice to have: Devops experience (Linux, Docker, Nginx, Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform, Cloud-based Databases, Queues)
- In general, we’re looking for someone with raw smarts and potential who can easily learn the specific skills needed for our work.
We’re open to candidates with various levels of experience. From junior to very senior, come talk to us!
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume