For more than 10 years, we’ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We’re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we’re just getting started.
We’re profitable and growing. We’re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
Take charge of the Payment Systems Team
We are a cross-functional team that is responsible end-to-end for enabling our customers to pay us. Our success is measured by:
- New revenue acquired, reflected in the payment success rates, which are affected by component metrics such as:
- Coverage: Availability and discoverability of relevant payment methods globally
- Conversion-rates of UX/UI designs
- Conversion-rates of routing and retry rules
- Recurring revenue captured, which is influenced by involuntary churn rates and collection-rates.
- Transaction costs. We control those by negotiating terms with payment providers, adjusting UX, and defining routing rules.
- Fraud metrics: rates of false-positives (“good customers denied and lost or with a poor brand impression”) and false-negatives (“fraudsters causing chargebacks”).
- Satisfaction of our internal customers in operations, finance and customer support.
We are responsible for most aspects needed to meet our success metrics. That includes:
- Engineering: we design, build, test and operate the products and services that process payments from customers and that let the business mitigate payment fraud risks. Some are microservices that we own end-to-end, others are products (ie: our Android and iOS apps) or services (ie: our CRM) that are shipped and maintained by other teams and for which we make source-code contributions.
- We are on-call for our services 24/7. Our SLA includes having never more than one after-hours incident per person per quarter. We design our systems to be sufficiently reliable, and we have the necessary budgets and know-how to achieve that.
- Managing relationships with more than a dozen payment providers such as credit-card processors and aggregators like Paypal, Bitpay and others. That includes sourcing new partners and negotiating terms.
- Communicating with customers in automated ways across all aspects of our website, all apps, and emails.
We intend to have the following roles on the team:
- Software developers with backgrounds spanning microservices, web UIs, Android, and iOS. While people on the team bring different skills (ie: they might come from Android, iOS, or backend backgrounds), we’re one team and we try to work across technical boundaries, spreading skills around the team as needed.
- Product manager and/or business analyst
- Embedded on our team is also a sub-team of operations analysts staffed seven days per week that handles payments edge-cases. The leader of that team reports to this position.
We rely on internal service-provider teams for:
- Advanced data insights
- Security consulting (but we’re responsible for the security of our work ourselves)
- Security monitoring through our SOC
- Ship-vehicles for our Android and iOS features
This is a newly created position to create the team as described above. Currently the roles are spread across multiple reporting lines. We’d like to unify them as one team, led by this position.
As leader of this team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating the hiring plan for your team world-wide, designing plans for evaluating candidates, working with our recruiting-team to source and test candidates, hiring and onboarding new staff. We’re currently very much under-staffed. You need to grow the team significantly.
- Being the people manager for all members of the team. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables and exchange actionable feedback at a high frequency.
- Articulating a strategic vision for your team covering the business plan, technology, and operations.
- Designing processes, documenting them very clearly, measuring their metrics, and improving them. Given the very operational nature of payments, an important part of this is defining and tracking your SLAs.
Desired skills and experience
To do well in this position, you should:
- Be an experienced leader of software developers. While the team is cross-functional, it’s primarily an engineering team.
- Enjoy managing people and be very good at it. That means:
- you’ve had several direct reports for at least five years.
- you’ve demonstrated the ability to develop a team including hiring, coaching and mentoring of team members
- Have successfully practiced some form of test-driven development. That’s central to our engineering culture.
- Be an experienced agile project manager.
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
To make your onboarding faster, it’d be nice if you also have experience in:
- Operating 24/7 services with stringent uptime requirements
- Managing people in disciplines different from your own specialty (ie: you’ve managed analysts or product managers)
- Managing vendors and negotiating terms
- Ruby on Rails, since some of our payments-related microservices are currently written with that stack.
- iOS and Android development
- Payments, especially with credit-cards
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume