For more than 10 years, we’ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We’re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we’re just getting started.
We’re profitable and growing. We’re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
Take charge of our Streaming team
You will make sure that our users can access high-bandwidth video and audio streams worldwide. Your team will be composed of a range of roles such that you can deliver business results with minimal dependencies on other teams. The streaming team is responsible end-to-end for product planning and product management, technical design, testing and implementation, monitoring/alerting and incident resolution, procuring and provisioning infrastructure, financial budgeting, defining and tracking SLAs, and internal communications. Your team functions almost like a business unit. It operates hundreds of bare metal servers passing 100s of Gigabits of traffic. Your future team members are based in several locations world-wide.
The team’s success is measured by:
- Various metrics of customer satisfaction
- Various measures of uptime
- Incident volumes and resolution times
- Financial costs in networking and compute resources
- Various measures of risk, especially related to security and privacy
Like all technical teams here, your key principles need to be:
- Use high levels of automation at all levels: avoid humans needing to repeat themselves or give them opportunities to make costly mistakes.
- Innovate in technology and process: speed this up by hiring people who are extremely curious and can communicate clearly, then give them the support they need to constantly learn and improve their skills.
- Drive for results. Define success quantitatively, track it, and take pride in results over activity.
- Rare challenges and opportunities from our large global customer base.
- Successful global business, leader in a fast-growing industry.
- Highly skilled team using efficient engineering processes.
- Meritocratic culture with fast decision-making.
- Your work has an immediate and direct impact on our customer base globally.
You will lead the team. This is a new position. Currently the team members report into other leads, but we’d like to make it a stand-alone team as described above.
As manager of this team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating the hiring plan for your team world-wide, designing test plans, working with our recruiting-team to source and test candidates, hiring and onboarding new staff. We’re currently very much under-staffed. You need to grow the team significantly.
- Being the people leader for all members of the team. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables at high frequencies, and exchange actionable feedback.
- Articulate a strategic vision for your team covering the business plan, technology, and operations.
- Design processes, document them very clearly, measuring their metrics, and improving them. Given the very operational nature of this team, an important part of this is defining and tracking your SLAs.
- Be able to perform many of the duties of your team members. Be able to lead by example and be a credible advisor for all roles on your team.
To be successful you will need to:
- Enjoy managing people and are very good at it. That means you have at least 5 years of people management experience, you’ve defined roles and expectations, held people accountable, guided career and skill development, and ideally also made several hiring and maybe also some firing decisions.
- Are an experienced project manager.
- Are a software developer. Your skills don’t need to be extremely sharp anymore, this position is primarily about leading the team, but you must be able to hire and grow software developers and guide their work.
- Have been responsible for operating services with demanding SLAs, such as 24/7/365 uptime requirements
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A good understanding of networking and internet protocols
- Extensive experience with open-source technology
- Experience with TDD, unit testing or Test Automation in general.
- You love watching online streaming services!
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume