We envision a digital world that’s private and secure. Our industry-leading cybersecurity products empower millions of individuals to take control of their privacy and security online.
Our SaaS business is very successful. We’ve been at this for over a decade, and we’re still growing fast in a rapidly expanding industry. We have the resources to tackle large challenges for the long term and we’re always looking ahead.
Now we need you.
We’re a skilled team with 800 people all over the world. Our processes are efficient, we make decisions based on data, our culture is meritocratic, and we offer ample opportunity for career growth. We’re bright, diverse, and experienced, and we love challenges. Now we’re looking for talent across all functions to join us as we strive to become the very best in our industry.
Sounds like the place for you? Come be part of our mission.
Take the lead of the Streaming team
We build the technology and systems that let users enjoy excellent quality video and audio services worldwide. Our team consists primarily of Operations and System Engineers responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing solutions to support new services around the world while maintaining service quality for existing ones for millions of users.
Our team is a close partner of Tier 1 operations and provides them the necessary tools to monitor, alert, capacity plan, provision new infrastructure, and act on incidents impacting service quality.
Our success is measured by:
- Various metrics of customer satisfaction
- Various measures of uptime
- Incident volumes and resolution times
- Various measures of risk, including security
Responsibilities of this position
You will lead the engineering team described above. This is a newly created position to help grow the team and lead it to greater success.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive the team’s direction and lead with a hands-on approach to problem-solving. You’ll oversee the scoping, prioritization, design, implementation, and operation of various engineering projects.
- Guide the career and skill development of your engineers.
- Grow and develop a team of top-talent engineers. You own the hiring plan for your team, design plans for assessing candidates, work with our recruiting team to source and test candidates, hire and onboard new staff. We’re currently very much under-staffed. Your team will continue to grow significantly along with the company.
- Lead your direct reports. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable.
- At least 2 years of experience as a hiring manager, you’ve hired, trained and promoted talents within your teams to work more effectively.
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with implementation, design, monitoring, and troubleshooting in large scale distributed systems and networks.
- Good understanding of networking and internet protocols.
- Experience and understanding of how to drive effectiveness and efficiency through automation and infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience in at least one modern server-side language, such as Python or Lua.
- Have been responsible for operating services with demanding SLAs, such as 24/7/365 uptime requirements.
- Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume