About our company
We envision a digital world that’s private and secure. Our industry-leading cybersecurity products empower millions of individuals to take control of their privacy and security online.
Our SaaS business is very successful. We’ve been at this for over a decade, and we’re still growing fast in a rapidly expanding industry. We have the resources to tackle large challenges for the long term and we’re always looking ahead.
Now we need you.
We’re a skilled team with 800 people all over the world. Our processes are efficient, we make decisions based on data, our culture is meritocratic, and we offer ample opportunity for career growth. We’re bright, diverse, and experienced, and we love challenges. Now we’re looking for talent across all functions to join us as we strive to become the very best in our industry.
Sounds like the place for you? Come be part of our mission.
About the Technology Organization
We build and operate products and services both for our end-users as well as for internal customers. The tech organization is accountable for delivering:
- Customer satisfaction for all types of customers with our products and services. First and foremost our end-users, but also the many internal teams for which we build and operate solutions, such as sales and marketing, HR, finance, recruiting, customer support, and others. Engineers are accountable for all aspects of the quality of what they build, and thus define and coordinate how their work will be tested, and typically test the vast majority of requirements automatically. Specialized functions like QA and security analysts provide services to assist.
- Strategic insights for growing our business.
- Content for raising awareness and trust in our brand.
Responsibilities of this position
The CTO role is a newly created position to take over technology leadership from our co-founder. You’ll be accountable for the results delivered by your organization as described above.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the roadmap for all products and services, including for our expansion into additional value propositions, and lead their delivery and operation. Product marketing and product management define various user stories and have some authority to set their relative priorities. You combine them with stories and projects defined by engineers into a sorted overall backlog.
- Guide all processes for the engineering organization, including but not limited to all parts of the software development and operations lifecycle, the selection of technologies, the acquisition and spreading of skills, how teams are formed, how work is prioritized, the assessment of talent, and performance management.
- Manage the hiring plan for your team worldwide. Create your headcount budget, structure your teams and align them with your partner organizations, design plans for assessing candidates, work with our recruiting-team to source and test candidates, and hire and onboard new staff. We’re currently very much under-staffed. You need to grow the team significantly.
- Lead your direct reports. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable.
- Ensure that risks are well managed across security, privacy, business continuity, and others.
- Manage your budget across all types of spending.
Desired skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you:
- Must have led teams:
- Of at least 50 engineers
- That build native apps for two or more platforms as well as cloud-based systems
- With high levels of automated test coverage
- And at least a reasonable level of security
- And operate 24/7/365
- Must have these abilities:
- Extremely sharp logic and communication skills.
- Vision. You see how you’d like customers, teams, technology, and competitors to relate years into the future.
- Leadership. You define goals and strategies, design organizations, hire, motivate, assess and manage.
- Learning. You quickly acquire and understand new skills and knowledge and apply them to your work.
- Will benefit from these skills and background:
- Deep interest in and understanding of privacy and security issues affecting consumers online, and opinions and visions for how they might evolve over time.
- Excellent project management skills. You run efficient projects and have metrics to prove it.