C++ Software development Lead
Location: Hong Kong, Singapore
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced C++ software engineer to lead a team of C++ developers building a library shared by our apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and routers.
The library provides critical functionality and business logic across many areas such as authentication and APIs. You will be responsible for managing the backlog of work for this library and delivering the work in that backlog to a high quality bar at a good velocity.
You will both do hands on development and also coach other members on your team to be great software engineers. You will be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle including investigations, tech designs, test plans and code reviews.
- be product owner for the backlog of work for the C++ library. You will be responsible for maximizing the value your team delivers to the product and ensuring that you’re delivering the right features for the applications.
- act as ScrumMaster for your team and champion Agile methodologies to ensure efficient delivery and a fast feedback cycle.
- write great C++ code yourself and coach others to do the same.
- ensure your team has great software development processes including fast and stable CI, simple processes with automation where possible and great code reviews.
- ensure your product has a high degree of automated testing.
- stay on top of current technologies and developments in the industry.
- Expert in C++ and have a good understanding of C.
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming.
- Experience working in multi-threaded environments.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and processes.
Nice skills to have, but not required
- Experience with TDD, BDD, and GTest.
- Experience with native languages and frameworks for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android or Linux.
- Server-side development experience and/or AWS experience.
- Proven track record as a people manager.
What we can offer you
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: please do not include any salary information and submit your resume in PDF format.