We’re looking for a world-class C++ Developer to join our Core Technologies Team.
We want you to build cross-platform code for our privacy and security super app.
To be successful on this team, you must be proactive, care passionately about quality and security, and be a great problem solver.
About the Core Team
The Core Technologies Team is the backbone of all our applications. They are responsible for building multiple libraries and executables written in various languages, such as C++ and Golang
The team needs a developer working on a C++ library called the Shared Library. However, you will get exposure to other languages and technologies over time.
The Shared Library is responsible for:
- Communications with our API servers.
- Core logic in areas such as Authentication, Payments, Server infrastructure data, and In-app messaging.
- Providing a user subscription state machine.
- Implementing platform-specific API bindings in multiple native languages.
Working on this library, you will be exposed to challenges such as:
- Ensuring the library operates in a range of complex network environments.
- Making sure our code is highly secure and can be compiled and run on all major operating systems.
- Building and operating cross-platform build and test pipelines.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Write high-quality, well-architected, well-tested, and modular C++ code, which is easy to read and maintain.
- Develop technical designs involving stakeholders outside the team, including server-side devs, APIs developers, apps developers, and product managers.
- Ensure your code has excellent automated test coverage.
- Make sure your build and test pipelines are fast and stable.
- Provide high-quality code reviews for your team and other contributors to the code base.
- Write clear and concise documentation and tech designs. Your customers are app developers, and they need to know how to use your features!
- Undertake spikes, prototyping, and R&D work to investigate feasibility and de-risk complex projects.
- Maintain an excellent velocity.
- Experienced C++ developer.
- Excellent computer science foundations.
- Good understanding of operating system fundamentals.
- Parallel / asynchronous programming expertise.
- Basic understanding of computer networking.
- Excellent at writing automated test cases.
- Experienced with standard software development practices such as Scrum.
- Great communication skills.
- Logical mindset and a great problem solver.
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming.
- Experienced with platform-native development for at least one major OS, e.g., iOS or Windows.
- Computer security: PKI, cryptography, secure coding practices.
- Experience writing tech designs and threat models.
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- REST APIs
- POSIX compliance
- C, Go, or Rust Programming Languages
- TDD or BDD
What we offer
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Please do not include any salary information on your resume.