We are looking for an experienced “Quality Champion” to be part of a great team of engineers who build the future products for millions of users around the world. You come with several years of experience, where you have been responsible for the quality of releases of multiple software products in a dynamic, fast environment.
You will have the chance to influence the products we build and make it the ‘best in class’. With your help, we will be able to stay at the top of our game.
- We Embrace Technology: We work on the latest technologies and with some of the brilliant minds in the fields of Networking, Infrastructure and Operating Systems.
- We Love Challenges: Grab this opportunity to work on one of the fastest VPN protocols in the market.
- We Test Heavily. We don’t leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do Shift-Left Testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD) so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We Run Fast. Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time.
What you will do
- Review user stories and requirements to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and decide upon which level it will be tested early in the sprint.
- Do impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities in and out of the scrum.
- Identify, document, and track bugs.
- Through exploratory testing, find the toughest bugs. We often have bugs that are non-trivial to reproduce because they depend heavily on the environment. By finding them and making them reproducible, we enable developers to fix them.
- Develop and apply testing processes to improve quality and velocity in the team.
- Track quality and velocity metrics. Be the “Quality Champion” in the team.
- Contribute to the automation coverage of the system.
- Perform manual testing when needed to verify the functionality of the system.
- You will be accountable for the following:
- Quality: Drive escaping defects down by defining the relevant testing.
- Lead time: Find bugs early in the process by shifting testing left.
- Coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage.
- Escape defects: Understand where we fail and improve our testing to catch it next time.
What you should have
- Education and Experience
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer / Senior QA Engineer
- Technical Skills
- Know how to work using the Linux environment and command line.
- Experience in containerization concepts and hands-on experience with Docker
- Understanding of VPN and internet protocols.
- Knowledge of how to use Wireshark or similar tools.
- Experience with one or more programming languages.
- Can read and understand software / system log files.
- Quality Assurance and Soft Skills
- Understanding of Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Code Coverage
- Experience in writing test plans
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
Nice skills to have, but not required:
- Knowledge in networking and network security protocols
- Programming language experience with Python
- Experience with TDD and BDD