About Our Company
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And weâ€™re just getting started.
Weâ€™re profitable and growing. We're hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
About the QA team
Developers at Network Guard are responsible for automating most test-cases. The QA team provides additional coverage through:
- Helping create effective test strategies
- Testing the requirements and designs for new systems as early as possible
- Performing exploratory testing
- Performing regression testing where automation isnâ€™t feasible
- Coordinating the collection and triage of feedback from dogfood, beta, and customers.
- Certifying releases
The QA teamâ€™s scope of influence currently only covers the Network Guard client-side apps. Those include Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Routers, and Browser Extensions. The team doesnâ€™t yet provide coverage for server-side systems, but that might change/expand under the leadership of this position.
We are looking for a proven leader with a passion for quality to usher in world-class standards for our customer experience. Youâ€™ll be responsible for verifying the quality and reliability of our products across the customer experience.Â
Your work will have a large impact, influencing business decisions relating to millions of customers everyday. Youâ€™ll have the opportunity to work on projects across our full spectrum of departments from software development and engineering, product, marketing, content and people functions.
Your team will be responsible to:
- Work with software developers to agree on cross-team test strategies – especially during feature design & development. Will involve a mix of automated and manual tests, exploratory QA, dogfooding, monitoring, third-party pentests, and customer-feedback loops.Â
- Write and maintain suites of manual tests that raise the reliability of our products. Cover:Â
- Functional requirements across applications and supported operating systems
- Non-functional requirements such as speed, performance, reliability, security, and privacy.
- Perform end-to-end manual testing. Your scope will include apps and systems accessed by the apps.Â
- Sign off on product releases
- Communicate widely with stakeholders about project timelines and deliverables. Manage expectations through clearly stated prioritization and risk analyses.Â
- Help software developers increase their efficiency at delivering product improvements to our customers through timely testing/feedback.
As head of the team, you will:
- People-manage the manual QA team. Hire, lead and manage all people that run manual QA tests. Facilitate training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth. Assign responsibilities, coach, train, motivate and hold the team accountable.Â
- Work with Product Managers and other stakeholders to understand what matters to customers and define exceptionally clear test cases that validate a positive customer experience.Â
- Define cross-team processes to efficiently improve product quality. Involves coordinating with product managers, developers and other stakeholders to estimate risk, assess business impact and streamline releases.
- Ensure projects have excellent test plans. Some youâ€™ll write yourself, others youâ€™ll coach developers and QA-leads on your team to author. Act as an advisor to the developers responsible for each project.
- Participate in the triage and prioritization of bugs and features
- Recommend appropriate regression and ad-hoc test coverage for releases
- Execute high complexity, high urgency, or exploratory tests
- Complete post-mortem process for critical incidents involving areas you own
- Work with the engineering and product teams to ensure that features and implementation choices are testable, low risk, and â€śdesigned for qualityâ€ť
- Experienced people manager. You must have had several people reporting to you for at least two years.
- Experience in a software quality role, software product role, or in a development role that was responsible for quality.
- Expertise writing detailed requirements or tests.
- Concise and direct writing style.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience working with complex or multi-platform products.
- Proven ability to effectively work with remote teams.
- Self-driven for improvement and follow-up.
- Clear written and spoken English (clear enough to work with non-native speakers from many regions).
- Comfortable talking about technology and software development. You might not write much code yourself in this role, but you must be able to work closely with people who do.
Nice skills to have, but not requiredÂ
- Using BDD
- Agile software development
- Exploratory testing
- Specification and maintenance of test hardware/environments
- Test automation
- Software development experience or training
- Customer support or field engineering
- Project management
Â What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resumeÂ Â