QA Lead wanted: Lead our QA engineers to deliver the best products to our customers
Network Guard is looking for an experienced QA Lead to ensure our products are the highest quality and reduce our time to market. Some QA highlights for our organization:
- We test heavily. We don’t leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing. We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD) so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast. Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time.
- We test in complex environments. Our testing environments combine different network conditions, devices, and operating systems.
As a QA Lead, you will lead our QA engineers around multiple scrum teams and influence the quality of our product.
- Act as a key point of contact for QA aspects. Provide QA services and coordinate QA resources internally and externally.
- Stay informed of new technologies being introduced and ensure components are designed for testability.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of QA engineers and manage outside contractors if needed.
- Lead development of the QA strategy, test design/plan, and test automation, and drive test execution.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance. Establish metrics, apply industry best practices, and develop new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
You will be accountable for the following:
- Quality: Drive down our defect escape rate.
- Testability: Ensure high test coverage.
- Velocity & efficiency: Reduce our testing cycle time.
- Testing environment stability: Ensure the stability of our test environments.
- At least 6 years of total experience in QA roles.
- At least 4 years of experience in a people management role working alongside development teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures to support various development methodologies.
- Familiarity with the entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Integration, Regression, Functional, Performance, User Acceptance).
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement, and automate processes.
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach (OKRs, KPIs, etc.) and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and the predictability and reliability of releases.
- Detailed and effective written communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, responsive, and able to prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Self-motivated work well independently and with others.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.