QA Engineer wanted: Create test plans, find bugs, and be our Quality Champion
Network Guard is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to create and drive our test plans and find bugs. Some QA highlights for our organization:
- We test heavily. We don’t leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing. We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD) so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast. Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time.
- We test in complex environments. Our testing environments combine different network conditions, devices, and operating systems.
As a QA Engineer, you will be a champion for QA in the scrum.
- Review user stories and requirements to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and decide upon which level it will be tested early in the sprint.
- Do impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities in and out of the scrum.
- Identify, document, and track bugs.
- Through exploratory testing, find the toughest bugs. We often have bugs that are non-trivial to reproduce because they depend heavily on the environment. By finding them and making them reproducible, we enable developers to fix them. We’re currently very short on talent that can find these hidden bugs.
- Develop and apply testing processes to improve quality and velocity in the team.
- Track quality and velocity metrics. Be the “Quality Champion” in the scrum.
- Contribute to the automation coverage of the product.
- Perform manual testing when needed to verify the functionality of the product.
You will be accountable for the following:
- Quality: Drive escaping defects down by defining the relevant testing.
- Lead time: Find bugs early in the process by shifting testing left.
- Coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage.
- Escape defects: Understand where we fail and improve our testing to catch it next time.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a QA engineer/QA analyst
- Experience with at least one high-level automated testing framework such as Appium, Selenium, Cypress, Robot Framework, etc.
- Experience in writing test plans
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
Nice skills to have, but not required
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience working with API mocking tools
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Knowledge in networking and network security protocols
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.