Location : Hong Kong OR Singapore
We're looking for an Operations Standards & Insights Lead!
If you're a people manager that gets excited about time-series data, near real-time dashboards, and operational challenges, and you’re ready to build a team that aims for operational excellence then we’ve got the role for you!
Are you a people leader with a technical background and a passion for data? Come join us! As the Lead of the Operations Standards & Insights Team in our Product Operations organization, you’ll guide and support your TechOps data analysts to dig deeper into operational metrics and data to measure our service quality, availability, and efficiency. You’ll join the Operations Leadership Team to contribute to our roadmap and refine the role and responsibilities for the Operations Standards & Insights team, then execute.
About your team
Operations Standards & Insights serves internal customers by providing operational metrics knowledge, running deep analysis and outputting insightful reports that support business and operational decisions. Through hiring, coaching and mentoring, you’ll grow a team of TechOps data analysts that will rapidly become subject matter experts on various operational metrics.
What you’ll do
As a Lead of our Operations Standards & Insights Team, you will be responsible for:
- Managing, hiring, leading and growing a group of 4-6 TechOps data analysts providing services to internal customers. For example: investigating operational questions, providing expert knowledge on operational metrics, regular data analysis resulting in impactful insight findings, and trend-spotting
- Supporting your team in providing data analysis as a service to internal customers by giving advice, reviewing and augmenting analysis and insights reports, providing the necessary tools, templates and processes
- Writing and driving OKRs that improve the quality of our operational data, metrics and dashboards, leading to better operational decisions that drive improved user experience and better business results
- Generating presentations and reports that provide valuable insights to the rest of the business
- Mentoring and coaching TechOps data analysts and ensuring they have the knowledge and tools to be successful
- Being the resident expert in one or more areas related to operational metrics in order to provide in-depth analysis and escalation support
- Ensuring that our operational metrics knowledge base and documentation is accurate, up-to-date, useful and complete by regularly interviewing your internal customers, identifying gaps, and plugging them
- Growing and nurturing a strong relationship and open communication channel with our partners in the business data insights teams, ensuring we de-conflict efforts and support each other as needed
- Identifying skill and knowledge gaps within your team and plugging them using a combination of internal/external training, coaching, mentoring, and shadowing
To succeed in this role, we’d love for you to have experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience managing a team of at least two or three people, overseeing things like performance reviews, 1:1s, mentoring, career plans, etc
- A good understanding of technical topics, or a strong passion for technology
- Advanced-to-Expert-level knowledge of:
- Data Analytics
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
- Querying databases using SQL language
- Data manipulation
- Writing clear and useful documentation
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Big-picture understanding of operational metrics such as connection statistics, server metrics, bandwidth utilization, and more
- The ability to lead various data-related projects
- Good verbal communication in English
- Good writing/documentation skills in English
What We Offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.