We’re looking for a driven and resourceful E-commerce Operations Associate. We launched our very first consumer hardware product a few months ago—we were purely a SaaS company up until recently—and we’re now ready to scale up the team that looks after global cross-border e-commerce operations.
You’ll be working closely with our experienced e-commerce operations manager to take over day-to-day operations while supporting the growing demand and the global expansion of our order fulfillment operations. You will work on a variety of e-commerce related projects, including the implementation of new and improved logistics processes, the introduction of new logistics providers, and even the potential addition of new products into our consumer hardware portfolio.
If you’re up for it, there will be opportunities to grow your scope and challenge yourself in this relatively new and fast-growing business unit. We can’t wait to help you unlock your full potential!
- Oversee and execute day-to-day logistics and supply chain operations with our manufacturer, logistics partners, and marketplaces (including Amazon) to ensure timely, accurate and compliant end-to-end operations
- Manage and develop relationships with our third-party logistics service providers, including managing their performance and looking for operational improvement opportunities
- Support pricing and service level agreement negotiations with our service providers to optimize order cycle time and cost efficiency
- Contribute to continuous supply planning by effectively collaborating with our product marketing team and understanding their needs
- Monitor and report on your key e-commerce operational metrics to ensure timely stock replenishment and optimum order cycle time
- Manage product returns and replacement flows and collaborate with our internal customer support team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Communicate with the product teams to ensure that our product listings are always current with the latest updates and changes
- Collaborate with our Finance team to ensure they maintain a clear picture of e-commerce operations, including reconciling transactions, explaining stock movements, closing inventory counts, and ensuring billing accuracy with various providers.
- Document, maintain, and improve processes for our e-commerce operations, including (but not limited to) fulfillment operations, reverse logistics, and supply chain
To succeed in this role, we’d love for you to have some or most of the following skills or experience:
- A background in e-commerce operations or related areas
- Experience and knowledge in cross-border, end-to-end international fulfillment logistics operations, including last mile logistics
- Experience in vendor management including, but not limited, to manufacturers, freight forwarders, warehouse operators and transportation service providers
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment as well as the horsepower to balance multiple priorities
- A high level of motivation and natural ability to self-initiate and self-drive
- Strong spoken and written/documentation skills in English
Nice skills to have, but not required (if any)
- Experience managing e-commerce listings (CMS) and orders (OMS), including marketplaces like Amazon via FBA operations
- Proficient communication skills in Mandarin Chinese
- Process design/management