- We’re a leader in a fast-growing industry.
- Millions of users worldwide rely on our services 24/7.
- Excellence in operations is core to the business.
- We face unique challenges and opportunities from our global customer base.
- We have a meritocratic culture with fast decision-making.
About the Product Management Team
Our internal customers are several engineering teams, each mapping to a line of business. We provide them with:
- Clear definitions of our current and desired end-users, insights about their needs, and how well we’re meeting those needs.
- Insights on our industry and competitors.
- Plans for what the company can build to better meet the needs of our users and the business, and to compete more effectively. We deliver product visions both at a multi-year strategic level, as well as detailed stories and specs for features.
- Coordination of delivery, typically using Kanban principles.
This is a newly created position to become the leader of this team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Articulate a strategic vision for the company’s products and services, especially as we expand into new value propositions.
- Create the hiring plan for your team world-wide, create your headcount budget, structure your teams and align them with your partner teams, design plans for assessing candidates, work with our recruiting-team to source and test candidates, hire and onboard new staff. We’re currently very much under-staffed. You need to grow the team significantly.
- Lead your direct reports. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable.
- Design and improve our delivery processes.
- Be able to perform many of the duties of your team members. Be able to lead by example and be a credible advisor for all roles on your team.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you:
Must have this experience:
- Led product management for a large-scale consumer product or service.
- Several years of experience in managing managers.
Must have these abilities:
- You lead products with long-term strategic road maps and elegant high-velocity weekly execution.
- You lead people: expertly structuring your team, hiring, motivating and managing.
- Extremely sharp logic and communication skills.
Will benefit from these skills and background:
- Deep interest in and understanding of privacy and security issues affecting consumers online, and opinions and visions for how they will evolve over time.
- Enough technical understanding to be able to envision *what* we can build to address user needs in privacy and security.
- Excellent project management skills. You run efficient projects and have metrics to prove it.
- You’ve written many specs that effectively define what an engineering team should deliver and operate. While it might have been a long time since you’ve written specs yourself, you know what a good spec looks like and can coach others in this skillset.
What We Offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume
#hongkong #singapore #poznan #london #taipei #manila #hcmc #kualalumpur #jakarta #budapest #sydney #amsterdam #berlin #madrid #barcelona #paris #dublin #munich #lisbon #rome #kyiv #bucharest #zagreb #vienna #vilnius #tallinn #copenhagen #helsinki #oslo #zurich #stockholm #sanfrancisco #losangeles #seattle #newyork #tokyo #seoul #toronto #vancouver #montreal #telaviv #engineering #mgmt #product #DIR #EXEC #ft