- Strong organic search presence with relevance across many major industry keywords currently bringing in millions of website visitors per year.
- Aggressive white-hat marketing plan firing on all cylinders.
- A strong team of strategists, web designers, and writers to help produce high-quality content.
We’re looking for a talented people leader with deep knowledge of SEO to manage and grow our SEO team.
Your team is strategically responsible for all three facets of SEO: on-page, off-page, and technical. On-page and technical SEO are shared responsibilities with our Content and Web Development teams, and your team should take the lead in creating roadmaps, driving results, and reporting on progress.
This role will contribute heavily to our content creation and broader marketing strategies and provide an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing industry with other talented professionals.
Specifically, you will:
- Be the people leader for our current SEO team of four.
- Define what your team needs and grow your team to meet our core business objectives.
- Drastically grow our organic search presence. Within 12 months, double our organic traffic and sales.
- Define additional content, sales, and marketing KPIs and deliver results.
- Work with our existing team to strengthen our strategy for improving organic search rankings to maximize sales and positive brand exposure.
- We’re passionate about being thought leaders in our industry, so not all pages will be designed to make sales, but should contribute to our overall branding.
- Keep yourself and your team sharp through continuous learning and application of industry best practices. SEO changes fast – you’ll be in charge of making sure we’re able to change with it.
- Disseminate this information to our team of writers, developers, and content strategists.
- Deliver systems that ensure all relevant content is optimized for SEO in conjunction with our Senior Content Manager and Blog Manager.
- Prioritize, delegate, and give clear goals and objectives to your team.
- Ensure transparent and efficient reporting procedures for senior management including the Head of Marketing and business owners.
- 7+ years experience in SEO
- Deep experience in at least two of the three main areas of SEO:
- 2+ years of proven people management experience
- Strong command of web analytics
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Attention to detail combined with an ability to see the larger picture of our business objectives
- In-depth knowledge of current SEO tools and practices
- Strong command of Google Analytics, Search Console, Botify/DeepCrawl/OnCrawl, Majestic/Ahrefs/Systrics, SEMrush/SearchMetrics/BrightEdge
- Multi-territory SEO experience
- Strong technical capabilities – able to communicatie and drive technical projects through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience writing landing page or blog copy
- Experience with A/B testing and other testing metrics.
- Experience hiring and managing remote team members
- Proficiency in Google Adwords and understanding of affiliate marketing