We’re hiring a Senior UX Manager!
Would you like your work to reach millions of customers worldwide? Network Guard manages one of the world’s fastest-growing privacy apps, and we’re looking for a Senior UX Manager who is passionate about creating a more open and secure internet for everyone.
If you’re obsessed with optimizing the user experience and shifting the conversion needle; if you’re not afraid to learn from failure; and if you have a natural ability to empathize with customers, we would love to talk with you!
This role will stretch your conversion instincts, creative thinking, power of analysis, and leadership. You’ll evangelize world-class design and grow our UX and conversion mindset across the entire business. Your team’s solutions and split test ideas will be seen by hundreds of millions of web visitors each year. Are you ready to help us win?
What you’ll do
In this position you will:
- Scale the UX and CRO Design chapter by building structures, processes, and workflows where necessary to improve efficiency and output
- Partner with product marketers, product managers, engineers, designers and many others to develop best-in-class UX, as well as high-converting optimizations that return impact and value for the business
- Grow your team by leading the hiring efforts for world-class UX & CRO designers
- Hold formal people management responsibilities including:
- Setting goals and tracking progress, managing performance and compensation recommendations, assigning responsibilities, coaching, training, motivating, and holding the team accountable for delivering the expected results
- Personally managing several talented individual contributors
- Work closely with UX Researchers and data teams to understand user needs and behaviors—as well as retention, acquisition, sales drivers and drop-off points—in order to drive well-informed design solutions
- Guide your designers towards delivering UX & CRO solutions that optimize our main website and partner websites, and drive conversions across the sales funnel. Your contributions will be critical to meet our business, end-user, and branding needs.
- As you conceive of ideas and hypotheses for A/B tests to improve conversion funnels and user-engagement, your expertise will drive the ideation and testing for team leads and business partners across the company
- Optimize sales funnels for hundreds of campaigns across web, mobile, social, and email channels
What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing designers is a must, including:
- Experience with interviewing candidates and making hire/no-hire decisions, performance management, conducting peer design reviews, and creating skill development plans for your direct reports
- A proven track record of driving high-impact business value through conversion and/or split test wins
- A proven ability to lead, influence, and work across organizational boundaries, with a demonstrated talent for building excellent relationships
- A positive, upbeat attitude and a relentless focus on improvement
- Excellent stakeholder management, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, data-driven organization
- A user- and conversion-centric mindset, and the ability to make data-driven and user-driven design decisions
About our Design department
We believe good design is as much about empathy, behavior, and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We’re guided by a highly iterative user- and conversion-centric design process that combines research, data, and thoughtful critique. We craft delightful experiences that empower people to make their digital lives more private and secure. We are never satisfied with the status quo.
Our UX and conversion rate optimization (CRO) Design function works across our main website and other owned channels, as well as on partner websites to optimize funnels for sales and retention. We’re scaling this function rapidly, and we’d like a Senior UX Manager who wants to be part of an industry-leading vision.