About this role
ExpressVPN is experiencing phenomenal growth, and we’re now looking for a talented, driven and process-oriented Contracts Counsel to help our in-house Legal team deliver best-in-class support to the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping different areas of the business meet their contracting needs by reviewing, drafting and managing a variety of commercial contracts, purchase and service orders, renewals, terminations, and others. As a member of our fast-paced team, you will also provide day-to-day advice on best contractual practices, risk management, internal and external communications regarding the contracts being negotiated, and drive improvements to our team’s process.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, investigate and manage risks across the business.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and manage a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Advise business teams on a variety of legal and operational issues, including related to contracting guidelines, privacy, cybersecurity, and intellectual property.
- Act as the go-to person for all contracting needs.
- Assist the other members of the Legal team in a variety of special projects as needed.
- Assist with managing external law firms across a variety of practice areas, while balancing cost and effectiveness in the delivery of legal services to our stakeholders.
- Contribute to the continued development and improvement of our data privacy and information security policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the continued development, improvement and deployment of our legal operations tools.
- LLB or JD (or equivalent) and admission to the Bar in at least one relevant jurisdiction
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, such as general services agreements, SaaS agreements, licensing agreements, data protection agreements, purchase orders, NDAs, novations, amendments, and others
- Experience in contract management or other comparable experience within a law firm or in-house legal department is highly preferred
- Experience implementing contract processes via digital tools
- Good understanding of contracting / risk assessment issues
- Ability to work closely with the relevant stakeholders on the (i) identification, prioritization and treatment of material contract risks; and (ii) design and implementation of legal processes
- Ability to invent, simplify, and improve legal and contracting processes
- Ability to support, promote and implement new initiatives
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Sense of humor
- Based in Singapore
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities