Location: Singapore or Hong Kong
We are looking for a talented and experienced HR Business Partner
You will be a skilled relationship builder, experienced in describing and then demonstrating the value of the HRBP model. You will have comprehensive and demonstrable experience of employment legislation in Hong Kong and Singapore. You’ll also have a passion for managing competing priorities while ensuring our HR delivery represents our brand and upholds our company values:
- Get things done. Productivity. Prioritize, focus and finish.
- Individual excellence. Be great at what you do. Continually invest in updating your skills.
- Team-work and communication. Achieve more together. Scale communication through good documentation. Give visibility in your work stack to your manager and other stakeholders.
- Ownership. Feel responsible. Speak up if you see a problem.
- Positive relationships. Work well together.
HR Business Partners act as internal consultants, linking HR with specified parts of the organisation. You’ll ensure that HR delivery is placed within the real and current concerns of the business, in order to improve performance of both individuals and teams.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Maintain a comprehensive and evidence based picture of challenges faced by the business area/s you are partnering with. Do this by questioning, challenging and supporting to get to the root of people and business issues, then collaborate with others to solve them;
- Bring HR expertise to help leaders to deliver their business area’s strategy, this could be by advising on performance improvement, commissioning the L&D team to deliver on local development needs, suggesting changes to reporting lines, hiring plans or structures or building career development programs;
- Use metrics and other evidence gained from the business to inform cross organisation HR projects. Your contribution could be identifying topics for leadership development events, initiatives to increase staff engagement or improvements to our processes or policies;
- Work closely with managers and employees on a 1:1 basis to improve working relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention;
- Deliver some important HR projects independently and with minimal supervision, such as designing and implementing new processes or the opening of a new office;
- Facilitate compensation/bonus reviews, performance improvement, employee relations/engagement, onboarding and induction, etc in your business area/s
- Effectively and proactively manage grievances, disciplinary issues and termination cases that arise;
- Build credible relationships across the business, continuously enhancing the HR Team brand.
- Line management of HRBPs in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- At least 10 years of professional experience, at least 5 of which should have been in an HRBP role
- At least some formal people management experience
- Curiosity and the proven ability to supportively challenge and coach leaders;
- Good stakeholder management skills, skilled relationship builder;
- Approachable and helpful demeanor;
- Highly motivated team player who enjoys collaborating with others to deliver;
- Ability to interpret business metrics, such as dashboards and scorecards, and analyse data;
- Credible and engaging professional manner;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Expertise with employment laws in Asia
Nice to have
- Degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience hiring several HR professionals
What we offer
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Frequent team lunches and company events
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.