Senior Quality Engineer / Sr. Software Developer engineer in Test (Remote)
Who we are
You will have the chance to influence the products we build and make them the best in class. With your help, we will be able to stay at the top of our game. You come with vast experience as a software developer engineer in tests, working in a fast-paced environment, closely working with developers to evaluate their tests, suggesting improvements, and being able to implement automation tests in different levels and or create tools for testing.
Why engineers love working at ExpressVPN
- We embrace technology. We work on the latest technologies and with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily. We don’t leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing. We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast. Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities.
- Do impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them.
- Contribute to the automation coverage of the product.
- Identify, develop and apply testing processes to improve quality and velocity in the team.
- Teach other team members on best practices to provide the highest quality of team’s deliverables.
- Review user stories and requirements to create well-structured test plans and decide upon which level it will be tested early in the sprint.
- Identify, document, and track bugs.
- Find the toughest bugs through exploratory testing. We often have bugs that are non-trivial to reproduce because they depend heavily on the environment. By finding them and making them reproducible, we empower developers to fix them. We’re keen to find talent that’s especially adept at finding these hidden bugs.
- Track quality and velocity metrics. Be the “Quality Champion”.
- Quality: Drive escaping defects down by defining the relevant testing
- Lead time: Find bugs early in the process by shifting testing left
- Coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage
- Escape defects: Understand where we fail and improve our testing to catch it next time
Experience and technical skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Software Developer Engineer in Test / Quality Engineer
- Strong coding skills with one or more programming languages (you should be able to automate or create tools for testing)
- Experience with at least one high-level automated testing framework such as Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, etc.
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and experience with any CI tool
- Experience working with API mocking tools
- Experience is software development processes such as TDD / BDD
Quality Assurance and Soft Skills
- Experience creating test plans and identifying risks
- Understanding of unit, integration, and e2e tests (and when to apply them)
- Striving for superior quality in everything you do
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, being excited about learning and improving your skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Cybersecurity mindset
Nice skills to have
- Experience with containerization technologies
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Knowledge in networking and network security protocols
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
- Working with talented brilliant individuals from various domains (Engineering, product, design, etc.)
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.