We’re a global consumer tech company and an industry leader in cybersecurity. Millions of people use our internet privacy and security products daily—we’re profitable and growing. Come and work with incredible people: Our teams are diverse, brilliant, friendly, and always eager to share ideas. As a company that thrives on a culture of feedback and collaboration, you’ll learn from work-class talent across 30+ nationalities. We take pride in individual excellence; we give you the room and resources to grow so you can excel.
We are looking for an experienced (Sr.) Quality Engineer for the iOS platform to ensure our products are of the highest quality and reduce our time to market.
Why engineers love working here
- We embrace technology: We work on the latest technologies with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily: We don’t leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast: Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
What you’ll do
- Review and advise developers on what and how to test new features
- Automate the end-to-end test scenarios for the iOS platform
- Run impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them
- Engage in improving our testing architecture and test suite efficiency
- Take initiatives in improving our testing coverage across the product
- Contribute to the automation traceability metrics
- Advise the development team to place the automating tests in CI/CD pipeline
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance. Establish metrics, apply industry best practices, and develop new tools and processes to meet quality goals.
- Identify, document, and track bugs, from discovery to resolution
- Stay current on new technologies and ensure components are designed for testability
- Quality: Drive down our defect escape rate
- Coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage
- Velocity & efficiency: Reduce our testing cycle time
- Testing environment stability: Ensure the stability of our test environment
You’ll need to succeed
- At least 6 years of total experience in Quality Engineering roles, out of which a minimum of 3 years should be spent in testing and automating iOS apps
- Excellent skills in XCode and XCUI test framework
- Good programming skills in Swift
- Good knowledge of iOS SDK
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing test plans, scripts, and procedures
- Analytical skills to determine and improve development deliverables’ testability and find root causes and solutions for detected issues.
- The capability of supporting product management in user story refinement, especially in defining acceptance criteria
- Detailed and effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence others
- Experience with android automation
- Experience with google cloud firebase for running the automated tests
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach (OKRs, KPIs, etc.) and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and the predictability and reliability of releases
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities