Are you a Senior Data Analyst with a proven track record of leading data projects that deliver clear business impact? We’ve been looking for you!
The Data Insights team at Network Guard is building a world-class, data-driven culture to empower our employees with timely, accurate information to drive their decision making.
In this role you will make a huge impact, influencing business decisions relating to millions of customers every day. You’ll work with great people on projects across the company, supporting top-performing departments including software development, engineering, product, marketing, content, and people management.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will:
- Act as a strategic partner with a set of stakeholders to grow the extent of data-driven planning and decision making in their area. Some examples:
- Sales & Marketing
- Customer support
- Lead complex projects to turn data into insights, predictions, and actionable recommendations, delivering clear business value for stakeholders in their business challenges.
- Deliver impactful insights and recommendations using compelling visualizations in user-friendly dashboard designs.
- Work in partnership with data-engineering to define requirements and standards for data pipelines, ensuring alignment with broader team requirements.
- Drive optimization and efficiency in data analysis and ETL processes for your projects and challenge the status quo for the team’s processes’.
- Contribute to the planning & execution of data-insights growth within the organisation – as a group of people, as a partner to other business units and as an enabler to support others to self-serve their data and insight needs.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll excel in this role if you:
- Are passionate about data and using it to influence business decisions.
- Enjoy partnering with stakeholders to truly understand their business challenges and how data can help.
- Have strong business acumen and a business-first approach to problems.
- Are an excellent communicator and use storytelling to bring insights to life and make connections on the business level.
- Are organized and able to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and dependencies.
- Thrive on uncovering synergies and efficiencies in your work, the work of the team, and beyond.
- Seek a fast-paced environment where you will make an instant impact.
- Want to work alongside other intelligent and passionate people.
Skills you’ll need to succeed
Please get in touch if you have the following traits, skills, or experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a Senior Data Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst role
- Stakeholder management: You’re adept at engaging stakeholders at the strategic level, integrating data at the earliest opportunity to increase data driven decision making.
- Delivering business value: You have a track record of delivering complex and varied stakeholder requirements.
- Excellent communication skills: You use storytelling to bring insights to life and make connections at all levels.
- Experience with a visualization product (e.g., Tableau, Power BI): You set the example in dashboard design with compelling visualizations, ensuring ease of understanding and identifying insights.
- Data pipeline requirements: You have experience scoping requirements for data pipelines and engaging with data engineers on implementation at a strategic level.
- Intermediate SQL ability: You create optimised SQL queries to manipulate data using more advanced approaches (e.g. window functions), joining data from multiple sources and data warehouses.
- Leadership: You have experience leading complex projects by successfully coordinating priorities, dependencies, and timelines.
- Experience in process design: Your critical thinking and problem-solving skills drive optimizations, automation, and scalability in established processes.
- You are fluent in English.
Nice skills to have, but not required
- SQL expert
- Experience in ETL: Can leverage data across multiple warehouses, with complex relationships between data models.
- Intermediate Python knowledge for ad-hoc data analysis and automation.
- Data science experience (e.g. predictive analytics, machine learning).
- Training / mentoring experience relating to data: Can be with team members or across business units and their data use.
What we can offer you
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities