The IT Engineering team is responsible for the design, deployment and management of the infrastructure, endpoints and applications our end users use to be productive in their roles. This position reports to the IT Engineering Lead, who is based in Singapore. The ideal candidate will be based out of our Poznan office.
Our IT infrastructure roughly looks like this:
- Identity by Okta for 150+ SAAS services
- Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian Suite, Github
- Workstations include Mac, Linux, Windows, Chromebooks, and VDI instances
- Very little on-premise infrastructure. We’re cloud-based as much as possible
- Workstations run device-management and endpoint protection clients
- SIEM monitors events from endpoint-protection, SAAS services, and networks
We have multiple role levels (I, II, Senior, Staff) within this specialization and the role level for a candidate will be determined based on past experience and interview performance.
As an individual contributor on our IT Engineering team, you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Developing subject matter expertise in the areas of specialization or related domains
- Designing, implementing and managing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in accordance with IT guidelines and standards
- Responding in a timely manner to requests and incidents, proactively identifying and resolving problems of simple to complex scope, and escalating problems of broader scope as needed
- Research solutions for new business and operational requirements or to improve existing solutions, performing evaluations and proof of concepts, and working with vendors to meet success outcomes as defined
- Working with project managers and leads to deliver technical projects with efficiency, quality, and impact
- Identifying areas of improvement for processes, technologies, and tools that provide better security, higher productivity, and/or cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring all application and service components are monitored for health issues, proactively identifying incidents, and providing escalation support for issues that require engineering support by troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Identifying and applying security best practices in current processes to address identified issues in threat models, and keeping infrastructure appliances and devices updated
- Implementing change management by drafting and peer reviewing change requests that achieve a high standard for clarity
- Understanding and driving prioritized tasks based on department and company goals
- Creating and contributing to team documentation and checklists with little direction which allows the company to scale and saves time for future members
- Using time wisely, discovering, learning along the way and asking for help when needed
- Providing technical guidance and assistance to other engineers, and sharing knowledge via technical sharing sessions
- Experience in designing, planning, implementing, and operating identity and access management services such as Okta, Azure AD, Jumpcloud, or Duo.
- Experience in designing, planning, implementing, and operating Collaboration software such as Google Workspace apps or Office 365.
- Experience in designing, planning, implementing, and operating SaaS apps such as 1Password, Confluence, Jira, or equivalent experience in similar SaaS applications.
- Proficiency in TCP/IP and network protocols, and information security.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and operating public cloud environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and operating endpoint management software such as VMware Workspace ONE, SCCM, Microsoft Intune, or MobileIron
Good to have
- Knowledge automating your daily tasks by writing scripts (or making use of existing scripts) and tools in Python, bash, terraform, powershell
- Knowledge of network and security protocols.
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- Knowledge of server and endpoint hardware
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware or Nutanix
- Understanding of data privacy, and regulatory fundamentals
When it comes to hiring processes, “rigorous” and “opaque” are often mistakenly conflated. For us, it’s always a mutual exchange, so we think it’s important that candidates have a clear understanding of the process and what we’re looking for. Learn more about the hiring process by visiting our careers page.
Health and happiness go hand in hand, and we make every effort to support our team members in all facets of their lives—both inside and outside the office. Learn more about our employee benefits by visiting our careers page.
Before you apply
- At the moment, we do not sponsor visas in the UK and the EU. For Hong Kong, we require at least two years of working experience and a university degree in a related field. For Singapore, we can only sponsor visas for mid-career or above.
- Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
ExpressVPN is one of the world’s leading providers of online privacy and security services for consumers. Started in 2009, we’ve grown to have millions of active paying customers, a team of more than 700 people worldwide, and a brand recognized by hundreds of millions of people in 18 languages and more than a hundred countries. We see huge growth in our industry, and are gaining market share through strong execution.