Location: Hong Kong
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced developer to join our Frontend Web Team building our browser extension and the UI for our router product.
We build super apps that offer security and privacy products. We’re expanding our product line and need to grow our teams. If you’re excited about our industry, working on new projects, and having a passion for delivering high-quality software, we’d love to hear from you.
About the team
- The ExpressVPN Router UI – which provides the gateway for the user to manage and configure their router. It offers functionality such as
- Authentication with our backend.
- Choosing VPN locations and protocols, connecting to the VPN and providing information on the status of the connection.
- Managing split tunneling and media streamer settings for each device connected to the router.
- Managing network settings such as WiFi SSIDs, WiFi frequencies and channels, and device IP addresses.
- Managing device segregation into separate networks
- Managing advanced settings such as DDNS, port forwarding and custom content blacklists.
- The browser extension – which provides a browser based UI for our desktop applications. It offers functionality such as
- Full VPN control, mirroring the majority of the functionality provided by the applications
- Additional privacy features such as WebRTC and HTTPS everywhere
- New browser only security features for desktop
The applications are all fully localized, support dark mode and have a high degree of automated testing.
- Use agile development practices with highly automated CI and CD.
- Are champions of the browser space. They are up to date on the latest developments in browser technology, enabling us to avoid unexpected problems with our extensions and also to allow us to strategically plan new features and products.
- Configure and manage their build systems.
- Operate their test pipelines.
- Are accountable for:
- All aspects of quality, including but not limited to ensuring our UI looks great on all major browsers and operating systems, security, privacy, performance, reliability, etc.
- Velocity: Ultimately measured by how quickly we can deliver value to customers
Why we want you
As a member of this team, you will:
- Write high-quality, well-architected, modular code that is easy to read and maintain.
- Ensure your code and the application as a whole have excellent automated test coverage.
- Ensure the app has a clean, simple, and robust architecture to enable other teams to contribute code easily.
- Ensure our browser extension functions properly and looks great on all modern browsers on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Ensure the browser extension can function independently, communicate with our desktop applications, and work harmoniously with them when installed.
- Ensure your build and test pipelines are fast and stable.
- Provide high-quality code reviews for your team and other contributors to the code base.
- Work closely with the Design Team to design and build great UI and a great user experience.
- Work closely with the Router Applications Team to ensure you have well-defined APIs to control and configure the router from your web application.
- Write clear and comprehensive tech designs and test plans, and ensure work is broken down into accurately sized bite-sized chunks.
- Maintain an excellent velocity.
Requirements of the role
Please get in touch if you have the following skills or experience, we’d love to tell you more about this role and our company.
- Proven track record shipping a successful application of at least one of the following types: Chrome or Firefox browser extension, a cross-platform application built with web technologies such as Electron, or creating high-quality web apps.
- Expert in writing automated tests, including unit tests, functional tests, and UI tests.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, e.g., SCSS, SASS.
Though not essential, we think these skills would be beneficial to have.
- Experience with Vue.js.
- Experience with webpack or other module bundlers.
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and possible workarounds.
What we can offer you
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours.
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment.
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits.
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices.
- Financially successful and profitable company.
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit.
- Team lunches and company events every quarter.
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities.
Please do not include any salary information on your resume.