Quality Engineer / Software Developer Engineer in Test (Office location)
Quality Engineer wanted: Create test plans/cases, automate, explore, find bugs, and be our Quality Champion
Who we are
We’re a global consumer tech company and an industry leader in cybersecurity. Millions of people around the world use our internet privacy and security products every day—we’re profitable and growing. Come and work with incredible people: Our teams are diverse, brilliant, friendly, and always eager to share ideas. As a company that thrives on a culture of feedback and collaboration, you’ll learn from work-class talent across 30+ nationalities. We take pride in individual excellence; we give you the room and resources to grow so you can excel.
Want to shape our trajectory?
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer (QE) to create and drive our test plans and detect the toughest bugs. We test heavily, fast, and in complex environments using shift-left testing. You’ll help us set the NetworkGuard standard and deliver products of the highest performance. Make a huge impact on millions of customers who love, trust, and use our products every day. Join us and be our quality champion in the scrum.
Why engineers love working at ExpressVPN
- We embrace technology: We work on the latest technologies and with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily: We don’t leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast: Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
What you’ll do
- Review user stories and requirements to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured tests, and decide where to test early in the sprint
- Do impact analysis to understand risks and how to mitigate them
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities in and out of the scrum
- Identify, document, and track bugs
- Through exploratory testing, find the toughest bugs. We often have bugs that are non-trivial to reproduce because they depend heavily on the environment. By finding them and making them reproducible, we enable developers to fix them. We’re keen to find talent that’s especially adept at finding these hidden bugs.
- Develop and apply testing processes to improve quality and velocity in the team
- Track quality and velocity metrics: Be the “Quality Champion” in the scrum
- Contribute to the automation coverage of the product by developing automation tests at various levels including building tools for testing.
You’ll help us
- Ensure quality: Drive escaping defects down by defining the relevant testing
- Reduce our lead time: Find bugs early in the process by shifting testing left
- Improve coverage: Define, track, and increase our testing coverage and confidence.
- Escape defects: Understand where we fail and improve our testing to avoid it next time
What you’ll need to succeed
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as SDET/SW Engineer (Software developer engineer in test) / Quality engineer.
- Experience with at least one high-level automated testing framework such as Appium, Selenium, Cypress, Robot Framework, etc.
- Good coding skills in any high-level language.
- Experience in writing test plans and detailed test cases in a TDD/BDD environment.
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
What’s nice to have
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience working with API mocking tools
- Knowledge in networking and network security protocols
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located office
- A financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.