Location: Hong Kong or Singapore
We're looking for soon-to-graduate or recent-graduates in software engineering
Join our engineering team building user-friendly online services for consumers. We use a micro-services architecture with a broad range of different technology stacks and high levels of automated test coverage, and we also ship apps for various client-side operating systems like Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux.
- Scale and performance challenges. Handle tens of thousands of rpm, scale across geographically distributed datacenters, solve complex computational tasks quickly, and be highly available.
- Security. We work with world-class penetration testers.
- Split-testing. We make heavy use of A/B testing. We have enough volume to often get significant results within one day.
Your responsibilities may cover systems that each bring their own set of interesting technical and design challenges, especially around scale, security, and availability.
- Continuous Delivery. All logic is tested automatically. We deploy multiple times per day. We often use TDD.
- Microservices architecture. We can pick the right stack for each individual application. Currently those involve combinations of Ruby, Go, Node.JS, C, mySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Docker, Chef and Ansible.
- Code-reviews. We invest in spreading knowledge around the team, and keeping our code easy to read, test, and maintain.
- You love to solve problems, you’re excited about building well-designed systems, eager to learn and continually improve your skills.
- You take great pride in the quality of your code
- Fluent in at least one programming language. You test your code primarily with automation.
- Eager to learn some Ruby (you’ll see a lot of it here, though it won’t necessarily be your primary language)
- Nice to have: Experience building high-load scalable systems
- Nice to have: Devops experience (Linux, Docker, Nginx, Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform, Cloud-based Databases, Queues)
- In general, we’re looking for someone with raw smarts and potential who can easily learn the specific skills needed for our work.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Frequent team lunches and company events
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.