Location: Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Poznan
We are looking for DevOps Engineers
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to join our small but growing DevOps team. If you identify as a DevOps Engineer with prior relevant experience, or as a Software Engineer passionate about building resilient and scalable systems, this could be the role for you.
As a member of the DevOps team, you will have the opportunity to shape the next generation of how our engineers build, deploy and run their services in the cloud – services that serve millions of requests per minute to millions of users across the world.
Through infrastructure, tooling, knowledge and support, we partner with product teams to provide solutions that enable and empower them to deliver resilient, secure, scalable solutions in a timely manner. This could be anything from building observability tooling and educating teams on its usage, providing a standardised approach for continuous delivery or working with engineers on the best way to architect cloud-native solutions.
What you will be responsible for
- Designing, building and operating the services we consume from AWS and services we run on top, such as Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Embed and pair with product teams across the company to solve systems and infrastructure style challenges
- Help evolve engineering standards and best practices
- Offer consultation on reliability and creating scalable, secure and resilient systems
- Build tools and infrastructure to make developers’ lives easier
What we are looking for
We do not expect that you have a deep understanding or experience of everything listed, but you should be willing to develop in the areas you have less experience in:
- Engineering background and strong interest in building and operating secure, scalable and reliable distributed systems
- Experience in Linux environments with the ability to troubleshoot problems at the OS, database, server, or network level
- Experience with a public cloud provider (AWS or GCP)
- Experience operating services at scale on top of Kubernetes (AWS EKS), ideally with a service mesh (i.e. Istio)
- Experience with observability solutions and concepts, including their usage in creating resilient systems (i.e. Prometheus, Datadog, Grafana)
- Experience with at least one programming language, such as Python or Go
- Experience of agile development practices
- Experience building tools and infrastructure centred around the needs of the user
- Strong experience of being on-call for mission critical services, incident management and running postmortems
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and tooling (i.e. Terraform)
- Ability to communicate effectively through clear and concise documentation
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Sounds interesting. What’s next?
Let’s talk. Tell us what you’re looking for in your dream job, then let’s see what role would be a great fit for you.
The steps are:
- Get in touch using the form below.
- Our engineering hiring-team will look at your profile and make a decision on whether to engage with you. If you write us a cover-letter, we will respond with a personal note regardless of our decision.
- An in-house recruiter will set up a time to speak with you on video and prepare you for our interview process.
- Our interviews are then composed of:
- a screening call with an engineering manager
- usually about 4 interviews with other engineers
- either a homework problem-solving exercise or a live pair-programming exercise.
- Then offer, including meet-and-greets with more colleagues.
- As soon as feasible: reference checks with former managers and maybe other colleagues. Your hiring-manager will perform these calls, and we’ll expect you to make the introductions. We realize that we might only be able to speak with your current manager after you’ve accepted our offer and resigned from your current position.
Thanks for your time, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include compensation information.