If you’re a people manager that is passionate about growing and empowering a team of analysts to increase data driven decision making across the business, then this is the role for you!
About Data Insights
Data Insights works across all areas of the company, partnering with all sorts of stakeholders to fully understand their business strategy and challenges so as to put data at the core of planning, processes, and decision-making.
As a Data Insights Lead, you will work with a key area of the business to make a step change for how they use data. Through hiring, coaching, and mentoring you will grow a team of Data Analysts that can independently and confidently deliver clear business value through high quality advice, insights, and dashboards.
What you’ll be doing
As a Data Insights Lead, you will be responsible for owning a specific domain for:
- Managing, hiring, leading, and growing a group of 2-4 Data Analysts
- Identifying skill and knowledge gaps within your team and filling them through a combination of training, coaching, mentoring and shadowing
- Building a deep understanding of the business strategy and challenges of stakeholders in your domain, collaborating to deliver a clear data strategy.
- Increasing customer satisfaction in the data-insights services for your domain
- Prioritizing data-insights initiatives that deliver the most business value
- Creating standards and consistency in processes, guidance, tools, quality, and outputs – within your sub-team and wider, by collaborating with other data-insights leads
- Partnering with Data Engineering to improve the data quality, consistency, reliability, and documentation of data pipelines, tools and processes
- Maintaining a strong relationship with other Data Insights domains, ensuring we identify synergies, avoid duplicated effort and support each other as needed
- Contribute to the planning and execution of data growth within the organization – as a group of people, as a partner to other business units, and as an enabler to support others to self-serve their data and insight needs
Who we’re looking for
You’ll excel in this role if you have experience across most of the following:
- Leading a team of at least 2-3 people overseeing performance reviews, 1:1s, mentoring, career plans, etc.
- Delivering business value: Combining your big-picture vision, solid business acumen, clear prioritization alongside sound analytical skills.
- Relationships and influencing others: Able to make connections and build effective relationships at a strategic level with key stakeholders and data engineering partners within the data organization.
- Requirements gathering: Leads by example in truly understanding stakeholders’ strategy and challenges to collaborate and define the insights they need (vs want).
- Data analysis: Consistently deliver high quality insights that build and tell a story, leading to actionable recommendations for the business.
- Tools & platforms: You’ve worked with a range of analysis tools and platforms, with up to date knowledge of potential new ones to explore.
- Defining processes and standards: For your team to drive consistency and quality.
- Excellent communication skills: You are able to engage people across the company at all levels.
- Building a culture of collaboration: Where your team supports each other to grow through mutual mentorship.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
What we can offer you
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities