Location: Poznan (Poland)
We’re looking for Talented Backend Software Engineers across numerous levels (Senior, Staff & Principal)
ExpressVPN is looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our global teams working on existing and new product lines. With your knowledge of backend software development, you’ll work on designing, testing and building high quality microservices in a specific business domain. You have 3+ years of backend experience in a language such as Golang, Rust or Python, excellent communication skills and familiarity with TDD, continuous delivery and agile methodologies. Using these skills, you’ll work closely with other engineers, product owners and key stakeholders to deliver secure, resilient and scalable solutions.
What You’ll Do
You’d be on a team with a well-defined goal. Your team-members are other engineers, and likely a few people from other functions like product management, data analysis, and design. You and your team decide what to do to achieve your goals.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Express requirements as code. Otherwise known as “good automated testing at all levels of the pyramid.” We like TDD a lot.
- Design, test, build and operate backend microservices.
- Ensure code is high quality and easy to maintain.
- Practice continuous integration and delivery.
- Work with databases and object storage.
- Solve complex problems with elegant solutions.
- If you’re on a team that operates a service: you’d also be expected to be on an on-call team, and your team is empowered to keep after-hours incidents below one per person per 3 months.
- Help grow your colleagues. Inspire, mentor and coach.
- Improve yourself. Raise your skill-levels and bring new approaches to your team.
Your success is measured by the pace and quality of the engineering solutions you deliver in your team. We define quality very broadly: it includes security, privacy, capacity, performance, reliability, cost-efficiency, etc.
We are open to varying degrees of experience, the more experienced you are the more we’ll expect to see your expertise show.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with software development best practices including test driven development, continuous delivery and agile methodologies.
- 3+ years backend experience in a language such as Golang, Rust or Python.
- 3+ years experience working with databases and object storage such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and S3.
- Great interpersonal skills: Empathy, negotiation skills, problem-solving acumen, emotional intelligence.
- Solution driven with a track record of breaking down complex problems and measuring results.
- Eager to learn and improve your skill set.
Nice to have but not required
- Experience with distributed microservices architectures.
- Working knowledge of scalable architectures and performance optimization techniques for services that serve millions of requests per minute to millions of users across the world.
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack.
- Experience using containers with Kubernetes or Docker.
- Familiarity with caches and message queues such as Redis and RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of OKRs.
- Ability to participate in build versus buy decisions.