We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing
This is a newly created position to create the product marketing function as described above. Currently, product marketing is spread across various other roles and not yet specialized. We want to create this function with broad influence and authority across marketing, product, and engineering, led by this position.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Deciding the content and sorting of the roadmap of user-stories related to acquisition.
- Conceiving of and delivering marketing messages to acquire and retain customers across all markets and languages.
- Creating the hiring plan for your team worldwide, designing plans for evaluating candidates, working with our recruiting team to source and test candidates, hiring, and onboarding new staff. You’ll need to invest a lot in hiring.
- Being the people manager for your direct reports. You hire, train, promote, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables and exchange actionable feedback at a high frequency.
- You’ll likely need several managers under you to achieve your objectives.
- Articulating a strategic multi-year vision for product marketing.
- Designing processes, documenting them very clearly, measuring their metrics, and improving them.
About Product Marketing
Our success is measured by:
- Newly acquired revenue from all organic channels across all media (web and all apps) and languages.
- Conversion-rates from visitor to intent-to-pay across all channels, including paid sales (acquired via our Sales Team). Regardless of the source of traffic, product marketing is responsible for closing the deal with perfectly crafted communication and user flows for visitors to understand our service and become paying customers.
- Brand compliance and consistency.
- Satisfaction of our internal customers in sales and paid marketing.
Product Marketing is responsible for various aspects needed to meet those success metrics. That includes:
- Defining and sorting the backlog of end-user stories related to acquisition. Relying on input from engineering, design, branding, SEO, internationalization, business development, QA, and product management, product marketers write the stories and decide on their sorting.
- Communicating with current and prospective customers across emails, in-app, customer-web, app-stores.
- Defining marketing plans for new value propositions.
- Coordinating the execution of split-tests in all acquisition funnels.
- Controlling all aspects of our presence in app stores
Initiatives and projects you or your team will be working on:
- Creating a seamless user experience that convinces our users to install our app on more devices as part of the onboarding flow
- Analyze customer data and drive UX improvements in order to decrease voluntary customer churn
- Build strategies to drive traffic and sales through app store optimization
- Drive promotion ideas that boost app adoption and lifetime customer value
- Maximize our ability to receive successful customer referrals
- Improve conversion of leads to successful signups from our OEM partners
Desired skills and experience
To do well in this position, you should:
- Be an experienced leader of cross-functional digital marketers. You’ll directly manage product marketers, and will lead teams composed of other functions like writing, data analytics, and UX.
- Enjoy managing people and be very good at it. That means:
- You’ve had several direct reports for at least five years.
- You’ve had several skip-level reports for at least three years.
- You’ve developed hiring plans and built your own team(s) previously.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to develop a team, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring.
- Have experience in writing user stories that lead to the commercial success of a digital product or service.
- Successfully created go-to-market strategies that resulted in new acquisition and/or revenue streams.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of user experience and behavior. You can use both data as well as intuition to make effective decisions.
- Have excellent knowledge of A/B testing and in-depth funnel optimization.
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong expertise in analytics tools like Google Analytics and Tableau
To make your onboarding faster, it would be nice if you also have experience in:
- Running rule-based and automated one-to-many digital marketing campaigns
- Google AdWords
- Agile project management
- User-experience copywriting
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume