We envision a digital world that’s private and secure. Our industry-leading cybersecurity products empower millions of individuals to take control of their privacy and security online.
Our SaaS business is very successful. We’ve been at this for over a decade, and we’re still growing fast in a rapidly expanding industry. We have the resources to tackle large challenges for the long term and we’re always looking ahead.
Now we need you.
We’re a skilled team with 800 people all over the world. Our processes are efficient, we make decisions based on data, our culture is meritocratic, and we offer ample opportunity for career growth. We’re bright, diverse, and experienced, and we love challenges. Now we’re looking for talent across all functions to join us as we strive to become the very best in our industry.
Sound like the place for you? Come be part of our mission.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing
This is a newly created position to create the product marketing function as described above. Currently, product marketing is spread across various other roles and not yet specialized. We want to create this function with broad influence and authority across marketing, product, and engineering, led by this position.
In this position, you will:
- Decide the content and sort the roadmap of user-stories related to acquisition.
- Conceive of and deliver marketing messages to acquire and retain customers across all markets and languages.
- Create the hiring plan for your team worldwide, design plans for evaluating candidates, work with our recruiting team to source and test candidates, hire team members, and onboard new staff. You’ll need to invest a lot in hiring.
- Be the people manager for your direct reports. You hire, train, promote, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables and exchange actionable feedback at a high frequency.
- You’ll likely need several managers under you to achieve your objectives.
- Articulate a strategic multi-year vision for product marketing.
- Design processes, document them very clearly, measure their metrics, and improve them.
About Product Marketing
Our success is measured by:
- Newly acquired revenue from all organic channels across all media (web and all apps) and languages.
- Conversion -rates from visitor to intent-to-pay across all channels, including paid sales (acquired via our Sales Team). Regardless of the source of traffic, product marketing is responsible for closing the deal with perfectly crafted communication and user flows for visitors to understand our service and become paying customers.
- Brand compliance and consistency.
- Satisfaction of our internal customers in sales and paid marketing.
Product Marketing is responsible for various aspects needed to meet those success metrics. The Product Marketing Team will:
- Define and sort the backlog of end-user stories related to acquisition. Product marketers write and sort stories based on input from engineering, design, branding, SEO, internationalization, business development, QA, and product management teams.
- Communicate with current and prospective customers across emails, apps, web content, and app stores.
- Define marketing plans for new value propositions.
- Coordinate the execution of split-tests in all acquisition funnels.
- Control all aspects of our presence in app stores.
Desired skills and experience
To do well in this position, you should:
- Be an experienced leader of cross-functional digital marketers. You’ll directly manage product marketers, and lead teams composed of other functions like writing, data analytics, and UX.
- Enjoy managing people and be very good at it. That means:
- You’ve had several direct reports for at least five years.
- You’ve had several skip-level reports for at least three years.
- You’ve developed hiring plans and built your own team(s) previously.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to develop a team, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring.
- Have experience in writing user stories that lead to the commercial success of a digital product or service.
- Successfully created go-to-market strategies that resulted in new acquisition and/or revenue streams.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of user experience and behavior. You can use both data as well as intuition to make effective decisions.
- Have excellent knowledge of A/B testing and in-depth funnel optimization.
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong expertise in analytics tools like Google Analytics and Tableau.
To make your onboarding faster, it would be nice if you also have experience in:
- Running rule-based and automated one-to-many digital marketing campaigns
- Google AdWords
- Agile project management
- User-experience copywriting
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume