Location: Hong Kong or Singapore
Do you believe in a user-centered design approach to crafting delightful and memorable experiences and are obsessed with user behaviors, personas, needs, and motivations?
If so, and you work with unbiased actionable insights and dedicated research methods to find out what your customers want, we would love to talk to you.
About the team
We believe good design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We’re guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process that combines research, data, and thoughtful critique. We are never satisfied with the status quo.
We currently have a small design team, which works across our core mobile apps (Android and iOS), desktop apps (Windows and Mac), router app, browser extensions, and our main website. We’re scaling our experience design function rapidly, and we’d like a world-class SUX Researcher who wants to be part of an industry-leading vision.
Our design teams craft delightful experiences empowering people to make their digital lives more private and secure.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Search and destroy customer and user experience pain points. We need you to solve the toughest end-user requirements by discovering exactly what they need, eliminating guesswork and unfounded assumptions.
- Use data analytics to inform your hypotheses and validate your actionable insights.
- Add valuable, actionable, and unbiased insights into our design processes and enable all departments to use and support them for our website, our apps for 7 platforms, app-store listings, partner platforms and websites, and more.
- Champion and implement various research methods to uncover problems and opportunities.
- Deliver UX and heuristic/usability analysis, using appropriate methodology and techniques.
- Conduct end-to-end user testing. Plan, recruit, and report, using qualitative and quantitative research methods, to produce high-value actionable insights.
- Create and define user personas and embed them throughout the whole organization.
- Conceive of hypotheses and ideas for split-tests to improve conversion funnels and user engagement.
- Create and manage the actionable insights repository.
- Run internal stakeholder workshops to gain context, educate, and build consensus.
- Partner with product designers, creative & brand designers, video team, and various other departments of the business to deliver end-user insights.
- Be responsible for timely, top-quality delivery.
Please get in touch if you have the following skills or experience. We’re excited to tell you more about this role and our company.
- Extensive and proven UX research experience, including heuristic and usability analysis, user testing, qualitative and quantitative methodology.
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing world-class research and synthesis of findings and insights, including a foundation in various methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent research skills with in-depth knowledge of heuristic and usability analysis, user testing, workshops, card sorting, and customer interview/inquiry techniques for digital products.
- Good experience with split (A/B) testing to increase sales conversion rates.
- Expert proficiency in research methodology and relevant tools for sharing findings and insights.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- You’re great at collaborating with people across several backgrounds and cultures towards a singular goal or vision.
- Able to take direction and execute projects; deliver impeccable projects on deadline.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Confident but willing to learn. You give and receive constructive criticism well. We want to learn with you and from you.
- Based in either Singapore or Hong Kong and willing to travel between the two locations when required.
- Comfortable communicating with data analysts on analytical topics.
- UX design expertise and experience.
- Service and/or customer experience design expertise.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Are a master researcher. You can confidently assess current strengths and weaknesses combined with overall business strategy and turn that into high-impact actionable user insights.
- Excel at and enjoy stakeholder management. You’re excited to work with colleagues across functions to bring out everyone’s best thinking, and you can communicate your research findings in a way that inspires your colleagues to join you in solving user challenges.
- Have held a UX researcher role at a globally-recognized organization and love gaining a deep understanding of its customers.
- Are the voice of the brand’s users and customers.
- Are data-driven. You understand what drives sales and increases customer retention, and you design relevant research initiatives to uncover high value user insights.
- Have an intuitive understanding of how people think and make decisions.
- Pride yourself on being organized and can deliver on tight deadlines.
- Demand excellence, have great attention to detail and take pride in the quality of your work.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom Video, etc. to set you up for success
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.