If you believe in a user-centered design approach to crafting delightful and memorable experiences and are obsessed with user-friendly interactions, UX and UI patterns, user research, continuous improvement, and pixels, we would love to talk to you.
About the team
We believe good design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We’re guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process that combines research, data, and thoughtful critique. We are never satisfied with the status quo.
We currently have a small design team, which works across our core mobile apps (Android and iOS), desktop apps (Windows and Mac), router app, browser extensions, and our main website. We’re scaling our experience design function rapidly, and we’d like a skilled product designer who wants to be part of an industry-leading vision.
Our design teams craft delightful experiences empowering people to make their digital lives more private and secure.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Deliver and specify UX and UI solutions for our apps across 7 platforms and our app-store listings to meet our end-user, business, and branding needs.
- Define and maintain UX and UI patterns across all of our apps using our internal design system.
- Evangelize the customer and user experience vision and ensure consistency and excellence across all apps.
- Design, document, and operate processes with your team and collaborators from other parts of the broader organization.
- Maintain our visual identity across our products.
- Conceive of ideas for split-tests to improve conversion funnels and user engagement.
- Run ideation and design thinking workshops to drive and support our discovery processes.
- Participate in research, analysis, and testing to deliver actionable insights that drive high business value.
- Foster a culture of creativity and efficiency. Mentor and coach junior designers and others across the company as needed.
- Participate in cross-team collaboration and communication and handle incoming and outgoing dependencies.
- You will work very closely with product management, product marketing, sales, PR, brand strategy, data analysts, engineering, video, content strategists, and more.
- Deliver world-class user experience with a broad impact across the business, like sales, conversion funnels, and user engagement.
- Engage stakeholders, and reframe business problems as design problems to promote collaboration.
- Promote a brand that consumers trust and recognize. Align your work with our brand strategy via our global brand team.
- Be responsible for timely, top-quality delivery.
Please get in touch if you have the following skills or experience. We’re excited to tell you more about this role and our company.
- Extensive and proven product design experience, especially shipping quality UX and UI on apps for mobile, desktop, and the web.
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases world-class designs, including a foundation in typography, interaction design, and visual design that reflects best practices and industry trends.
- Excellent design skills with deep knowledge of branding, prototyping, interaction design, UI design, UX writing, UX research, and information architecture for digital products.
- Good experience with split (A/B) testing.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Great at mentoring junior designers across several backgrounds and cultures.
- Able to take direction and execute projects; deliver impeccable projects on deadline.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- You are confident but willing to learn. You give and receive constructive criticism well.
- Based in either Singapore or Hong Kong, and willing to travel between the two locations when required, post-pandemic.
- Comfortable communicating with developers on technical topics.
- Planning, recruiting, conducting, and reporting on user testing.
- Service and/or customer experience design expertise.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Are a master of your craft. You can confidently assess current strengths and weaknesses combined with overall business strategy and can turn that into high impact user experiences.
- Excel at and enjoy stakeholder management. You’re excited to work with colleagues across functions to bring out everyone’s best thinking, and you can communicate your design choices and solutions in a way that inspires your colleagues to join you. When senior stakeholders disagree, you’re eager to collaborate to forge the best outcome.
- Have held a product designer role at a globally-recognized organization and love getting hands-on with design. You’re comfortable creating design solutions or ideating with others.
- Believe in the power of a strong brand identity.
- Are data-driven. You understand what drives sales and increases customer retention and create design solutions accordingly.
- You have an intuitive understanding of how people think and make decisions.
- You pride yourself on being organized and can deliver on tight deadlines.
- You demand excellence, have great attention to detail, and take pride in your work quality.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom Video, etc. to set you up for success
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume