For more than 10 years, we’ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We’re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we’re just getting started.
We’re profitable and growing. We’re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer
We’re looking for a world-class product designer to join our vision to become the world’s most trusted provider of consumer internet privacy services. Our design teams craft delightful experiences empowering people to make their digital lives more private and secure.
We believe good design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We’re guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process that combines research, data, and thoughtful critique. We are never satisfied with the status quo.
We currently have a small experience design team, which works across our core mobile apps (Android and iOS), desktop apps (Windows and Mac), router app, browser extensions, and our main website. We’re scaling our experience design function rapidly, and we’d like you to lead a team of product designers covering several native apps.
Your team will:
- Deliver and specify UX and UI solutions on our apps for 7 platforms and in our app-store listings to meet our end-user, business, and branding needs.
- Define and maintain UX and UI patterns across all of our apps using our internal design system.
- Maintain our visual identity across our products.
- Conceive of ideas for split-tests to improve conversion funnels and user engagement.
- Run ideation and design thinking workshops to drive and support our discovery processes.
- Drive research, analysis, and testing to deliver actionable insights that drive high business value.
Your team’s success metrics will include:
- Ease of use by our end-users.
- Contributions towards conversion rates from free trial to paid users.
- Consistency of user experience across all channels.
- Contributions to achieving our brand goals.
- Compliance with our brand guidelines.
- Speed of delivery. Your team will propel the experience design that keeps several other teams charging towards their goals in customer retention and revenue growth.
As leader of the team, you will:
- Evangelize the customer and user experience vision and ensure consistency and excellence across all apps.
- Manage product designers.
- Set goals and track progress, assign responsibilities, coach, train, motivate, and hold the team accountable for delivering the expected results.
- You’ll likely manage several mid- to senior-level individual contributors.
- Hire world-class talent to scale the product design team.
- Design, document, and operate processes for your team and collaborators from other parts of the wider organization.
- Foster a culture of creativity and efficiency. Train your team and others across the company as needed.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration and communication and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies.
- Your team will work very closely with product management, sales, PR, brand strategy, data analysts, engineering, video, content writers and strategists, and more.
- Deliver world-class user experience with a broad impact across the business, like sales and conversion funnels.
- Manage stakeholders, and reframe business problems as design problems to promote collaboration.
- Promote a brand that consumers trust and recognize. Align your team’s work with our brand strategy via our global brand team.
- Manage your team’s sprint stack in conjunction with our project managers.
- Ultimately, you’ll oversee projects and be held accountable for timely, top-quality delivery.
- Be responsible for the quality of all output from your team. Seek early feedback from, and provide visibility to major stakeholders where necessary.
- Lead by example. Demonstrate your mastery of product design craft and delivering world-class solutions.
- Extensive and proven product design experience shipping quality UX and UI on both mobile or desktops apps and web.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing product designers.
- Must have experience with interviewing candidates and making hire/no-hire decisions, conducting peer design reviews, and creating skill development plans for your direct reports.
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing world-class designs, including a foundation in typography, interaction design, and visual design that reflects best practices and industry trends.
- Excellent design skills with expert knowledge of branding, prototyping, interaction design, UI design, UX writing, UX research, and information architecture for digital products.
- Some experience with split (A/B) testing
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communicator with excellent command of the English language.
- Great at leading people across several backgrounds and cultures towards a singular vision.
- Able to take direction and execute projects; deliver impeccable projects on deadline.
- Great organizational and project management skills. You can define a vision and see in your head how it should be implemented.
- You are confident but willing to learn. You give and receive constructive criticism well. We want to learn with you and from you.
- Based in either Singapore or Hong Kong, and willing to travel between the two locations when required, post-pandemic.
- Comfortable communicating with developers on technical topics.
- Planning, recruiting, conducting, and reporting on user testing.
- Experience hiring senior product designers.
- Service design experience and expertise.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- You’re a master of your craft. You can confidently assess current strengths and weaknesses combined with overall business strategy and turn that into a long-term experience design vision.
- You excel at and enjoy stakeholder management. You’re excited to work with colleagues across functions to bring out everyone’s best thinking, and you can communicate your vision for the future in a way that inspires your colleagues to join you. And when senior stakeholders disagree, you’re eager to collaborate to forge the best outcome.
- You have held a design leadership role at a globally-recognized organization, but you more often get hands-on. You’re comfortable creating design solutions or delegating to others.
- You believe in the power of a strong brand identity.
- You’re data-driven. You understand what drives sales and increases customer retention and create design solutions accordingly.
- You have an intuitive understanding of how people think and make decisions.
- You pride yourself on being organized and can deliver on tight deadlines.
- You demand excellence, have great attention to detail, and take pride in the quality of your work.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom Video, etc. to set you up for success
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume