For more than 10 years, we've been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We're an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we‚Äôre just getting started.
We‚Äôre profitable and growing. We're hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
We're looking for a Head of Original Research
The team you will lead produces and distributes original, innovative research content that showcases our company‚Äôs dedication to individual privacy and security as well as the technical prowess of our employees and the depth and sophistication of their work. It enhances positive recognition of our brand among industry and academic experts, technically minded consumers and influencers, and the general public. It attracts and supports collaborators from labs, institutes, businesses, and nonprofit organizations interested in commercial and research partnerships, as well as potential future employees. And it helps identify possible new directions for the company‚Äôs long-term strategic growth.
- Lead a team producing engaging, timely, high-quality original content worthy of publication in top-tier media, academic journals, or both.
- Topics you cover may include digital privacy, internet regulation and governance, data protection, hacking, data breaches, information security, surveillance technology, artificial intelligence, IoT, and more.
- Envision the team you will need to produce and promote this content; work with our recruiters to build it; then manage the team and direct its output.
- Lead initiatives to support and fund the work of other privacy and security researchers through scholarships, sponsorships, and stipends.
Your success metrics include:
- Your charge is to enhance the company‚Äôs brand and reputation, judged by such metrics as:
- Citations in journals, quotations in media, and links back to your content
- Article views, rankings, social engagement, and increases in domain authority
- Partnerships and collaborations formed
- Quality and speed of project delivery
- Number and quality of staff you can recruit and retain for your team, and for the company generally
Ideal skills and experience:
- Background in tech journalism or academic research
- Published in academic journals
- Passion for digital rights issues, such as internet privacy, digital security, data protection, and surveillance technology
- Experience implementing large-scale content projects
- Experience putting together and leading a team of writers, researchers, and technologists
- An ability to recognize and onboard talent at all experience levels
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Investigative and analytical skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Incredible people skills, at ease persuading stakeholders and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Vision to outline/conceptualize an entire piece, including text, images, videos, and any other additional multimedia material
- Connected in the tech privacy and security space
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume¬†¬†