We are a market-leading privacy and security company selling a subscription service in a fiercely competitive space. Our industry-leading customer support website serves more than 200 million visitors a year in 17 languages, with a huge potential for growth in non-English markets.
Our Customer Success team is front and center of our drive for continued growth and customer retention; assisting customers through our online library of support articles, dedicated in-app help, social channels, and 24/7 live chat support. We are looking for an experienced writer to join our team as Content Writer, Customer Success.
In this role you will showcase your talent for making complicated subjects simple. You will get hands-on in testing products and partnering with stakeholders across the business to translate functionality into informative support content. You will research, test, and produce a range of content, including scripts used by support agents, technical support articles, setup tutorials, blog posts, and video scripts, making them all engaging and understandable for a largely non-technical audience. Your content will be used across our company website (but especially within our dedicated support center), as well as in our apps, and across external outlets. You will be a customer champion focused on creating a community of informed, happy, and engaged customers.
- Plan, write, adapt, and deliver high-quality content for our support site users, many of whom are non-technical.
- Contribute to support style guides to ensure support content complies with our overall company brand guidelines, style, tone of voice, and evolving customer expectations.
- Collaborate extensively with product, engineering, and marketing teams to acquire a deep understanding of technical concepts, then translate these into non-technical content.
- Use multiple data sources to arrive at content recommendations that make the site better.
- Analyze competitors, stay aware of the latest trends so you can better think like a customer, and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Be immersed in the user journey. Assess the support site as a user, addressing gaps, roadblocks, and complexities to create self-help flows that reduce time from query to resolution.
- Pivot seamlessly among voices, from sales to instructional to persuasive to corporate communications and back again.
- Previous experience in a similar role (producing instructional and/or customer support content, ideally on technical subjects for non-technical audiences).
- Highly adept in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation (U.S. English a plus).
- Ability to align your work and goals with the larger picture of our business objectives.
- Keen awareness of the latest tech trends and popular devices.
Nice to have
- Experience working independently on competitor analysis, industry research, and user experience testing.
- Familiar with various operating systems, network devices, and technical terms such as IP addresses, DNS, ports, and protocols, plus a keen desire to keep learning.
- Experience collaborating with writers, designers, SEO specialists, and researchers.
- Familiarity with following a style guide, such as:
- AP style
- New York Times style
- Chicago Manual of Style
- An organization’s house style
- Experience writing landing page or sales collateral
- Knowledge of web analytics or AB testing, or a keen desire to learn
We can offer you
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and other healthy foods
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Please do not include compensation details in your application.