We’re looking for a Content Strategist — Tech Writer
We’re looking for a copywriter with a passion for technology to join our talented and diverse team of marketers, engineers, and designers. You will pitch and write blog posts and other digital content related to online privacy and security using your deep understanding of how modern technology works, while translating advanced topics into language that the average consumer would find useful.
- Pitch and write posts for our blog, which covers topics including digital rights, data privacy, and online security. Formats range from highly technical explainers to how-to guides and listicles.
- Strategize for content-marketing campaigns related to updates to our products and in-house research.
- Convey sometimes technically complex topics in a way that’s clear, compelling, and accessible for average consumers.
- Write and optimize content for landing pages—for search, for sales, or both.
- Deliver world-class content by working across teams (PR, SEO, advertising, bloggers, product managers, affiliates).
- Edit and provide feedback on work written by other team members and freelancers.
- Stay up to date on relevant technology news.
Your success metrics include
- Web traffic and engagement generated by your content
- Quality and speed of project delivery
- Fluent or native English speaker.
- Advanced writing skills.
- Deep interest in and knowledge of modern tech topics, such as cryptocurrency, online surveillance, VPNs, coding, and privacy legislation.
- Ability to take technical concepts and make them easy for laypeople to understand with clear, concise, and accurate writing.
- Good research skills.
- Experience working in a marketing environment.
- Comfortable working independently, with good organizational and time-management skills.
- Solid understanding of SEO techniques and tools
- Knowledge of web traffic metrics and experience using Google Analytics
- Experience using WordPress, Contentful, or another content management system
- Experience writing landing page or blog copy
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.