About this role
Are you adaptable? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, tech-driven environment where projects evolve on the fly? Then we’d like to meet you! We are looking for a proactive, motivated, resourceful, and ultra-organized Senior Program Manager who can rise to the challenge of our company’s rapid global expansion.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for planning, managing, and ensuring timely delivery of a wide variety of workstreams, as well as defining, documenting, and implementing process improvements to raise efficiency and quality. Delivering in an Agile setting, you will have a major impact on key areas of the business.
Your expertise and capacity will help expand our fast-growing team’s capabilities to handle ever larger and more complex workstreams. In this hybrid role, you’ll not only deliver on individual contributor work yourself, but will also people-manage several other Program Managers. You’ll lead by example, motivating your team to deliver exceptional results as well as manage performance, coach, and develop your team.
This role requires exceptional stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, as our teams are globally distributed and culturally diverse.
How we work
Most of us are organized into cross-functional teams that can independently deliver great business results with minimal dependencies. We’ve grouped these teams together based on the KPIs they own, and each of these groups in turn has a dedicated leadership team. The leadership team provides guidance, helps set strategy, and allocates resources. To further support these teams we have dedicated support functions who help fill gaps and deliver ad hoc work. Our Program Managers are a key partner for all three of these areas, so the range of stakeholders and types of work that we help deliver vary greatly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering multiple projects simultaneously, including: defining requirements and timelines; developing and executing detailed plans; tracking projects to ensure on-time delivery within scope and budget, with the flexibility and agility to change and adapt as you go;
- Be a people-manager for your team of program managers, including coaching your team members in effective project management and delivery, and mentoring them on their own career goals and skill development.
- Contributing to hiring processes and onboarding your new team members expertly to ensure they can hit the ground running.
- Developing effective communication strategies to coordinate between various teams while keeping cross-functional stakeholders and leaders informed on progress, challenges, and risks, and providing reporting when needed.
- Working closely with stakeholders and leaders to ensure we tackle the highest priority work that delivers the most significant value to the business.
- Leveraging your high-level overview to proactively mitigate risks and resolve blockers as soon as they’re flagged. You’ll need to keep the team moving while adapting to any changes that arise.
- Producing crystal clear documentation such as plans, briefings, timelines, processes, stakeholder comms, or meeting notes.
- Understanding different business processes and driving optimizations and improvements through a combination of process re-engineering and technological changes.
- Contributing to the overall learning and development of program managers.
To succeed in this role, we’d love for you to have some or most of the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing people, preferably program/project managers. This includes experience with interviewing candidates and making hire/no-hire decisions, performance management, and creating skill development plans for your direct reports.
- A proven record of delivering projects of varying sizes on time, in scope, and across different business functions, while working in a dynamic agile environment
- The ability to juggle multiple deliverables simultaneously
- A knack for asking targeted, precise, and relevant questions to dig into an issue or a topic until you understand it sufficiently to be an effective member of the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English—you will need to communicate to all levels across the business (and geographies)
- You can clearly define requirements and convey them in work tickets and briefs
- Comfortable driving delivery from a team with both remote and in-office team members
- Working knowledge of project management software (Jira or other), along with Agile processes and procedures
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship-building skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with stakeholders of all seniorities
- Can-do attitude: given a problem, you quickly understand the requirements and can output a solution
- Proficient in developing spreadsheets, diagrams, and processes to document needs and communicate them with all levels of the organization
- A drive to improve processes to positively impact productivity, ease of use, security, execution speed, human time spent, and more
3 best things about this role:
- Opportunity to work on interesting projects spanning tech, marketing, and corporate development
- Significant growth opportunities
- A good mix of autonomy and support working closely with other people managers across our global Program Management team
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information.