Location: Hong Kong
About this role
We’re looking for an experienced legal professional to help build Network Guard’s growing Legal operations. You will report to and work directly with the General Counsel to establish the foundation for an efficient and effective legal function, developing solutions and streamlining processes to manage everyday legal issues ranging from contracts to corporate governance. In this role you will be relied upon to use your problem-solving and critical analysis skills; implement operational improvements; and collaborate with staff from across Network Guard’s global teams. This role is based in ourHong Kong office, the beating heart of our thriving, inclusive, and fast-growing company.
In collaboration with the General Counsel, act as primary owner of the following key responsibilities:
- Establish and build a Legal Ops function to streamline legal processes and education within the company
- Drive smart / scalable solutions for everyday legal issues, such as contracts and document management
- Develop and maintain a repository of key company contract templates and policies, working with various stakeholders (eg HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to identify and prioritize deliverables
- Make our legal services more automated, efficient and accessible, as well as visible to the business
- Optimise workflows and interactions with other teams within the business
- Identify, track, and report on key operational and substantive metrics for the legal function that will inform decision-making and work product analysis, and better communicate the value of the function to business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain tool(s) to monitor, manage, and evaluate outside counsel usage and spend
- Assist with entity management and corporate governance tasks
- Assist with special projects, research, and analysis as required
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including legal operations at a high-growth technology company or law firm
- Demonstrated experience building legal projects / processes
- Understanding of a broad set of core legal functions and services provided by in-house legal function
- Natural drive, curiosity, and technological savvy, and a willingness to collaborate and learn
- Ability to initiate and lead complex projects across multiple stakeholders
- Resilience, resourcefulness, and the ability to analyse and make recommendations based on imperfect facts
- Clear, professional, and engaging communicator
Nice to have, but not required: Experience designing and implementing digital solutions for Open Source Software compliance.
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.