We’re hiring a Head of Program Management
We are hiring an experienced and talented Head of Program Management to lead and grow a globally distributed team of 25+ program managers. You’ll ensure the alignment of workflows and best practices, and guide the team’s overall learning and development as they plan and manage the timely delivery of work across various cross-functional teams. In this pivotal role you will connect and collaborate with leaders across the organization, and around the world.
Our program managers are proactive, motivated, and uber-organized. They’re in high demand on projects in a broad variety of departments—from Engineering, to Marketing, to Corporate functions, where they help grow the complexity and scale of projects we can deliver.
In this role, you will partner with stakeholders across the business to increase the effectiveness of the program management function. Your team enables the successful delivery of all kinds of work, from our most complex strategic initiatives to daily business-as-usual. The teammates you’ll lead are fun, highly productive, and have a continuous learning mindset. The Program Management team is well anchored and recognized across the organization as a key business support function that is instrumental in both our growth and our drive towards operational excellence.
What you’ll be doing
The program management function is responsible for:
- Partnering across the division to ensure the efficient delivery of work for teams by effectively managing projects and processes, and providing strategic input on delivery
- Building, communicating, and maintaining: standards, best practices, processes, training, resources, methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Efficient prioritization, planning, and delivery of teams’ work
The function’s success metrics:
- Capacity to serve teams across the business with program managers
- Improved cross-functional collaboration and dependency management (for teams with program managers)
- Ensuring standard tools and processes for managing work/tasks/projects are well understood and adopted org-wide
- Efficiency of delivery and accomplishment of team’s OKRs
As head of the function, you will:
- People-manage the program management function (currently that’s 25 full-time employees), including:
- Assign responsibilities, coach, train, motivate, and hold the team accountable for delivering your expected results
- Design the organizational structure for your team and adapt as needed for the future
- Manage ~3 managers (direct reports), and possibly senior individual contributors
- Ensure your direct reports have the tools to manage their reports. You define expectations, guide career and skill growth, and hold people accountable.
- Execute and optimize the hiring plan. Partner with our recruiting team to build your team with exceptional people in Hong Kong, Singapore, Romania, and other locations worldwide.
- Understand the relative business priorities and balance this with the needs of individuals to manage the placement of program managers across the organization.
- Design, implement, and deliver standards and best practices in project/program management company-wide
- Raise project/program-management related skills across the organization
3 best things about this role:
- The awesome team – keen to grow, learn and contribute. You’ll enjoy coming to work with this bunch every day.
- The support plus autonomy – you’re empowered to really take ownership of your area but can count on senior leadership support as needed.
- The variety of interesting projects – the work program management delivers is super varied spanning tech, marketing, and corporate – there’s always something new to learn!
What you’ll need to succeed
- 10+ years of experience in project/program management or equivalent. You’ve worked on complex cross-functional projects at a variety of scales, ideally some of these in software development, an agile environment, etc.
- 5+ years of experience leading people. Must have experience hiring, managing performance and compensation, and creating skill development plans for your direct reports.
- A talent for leading people. You set clear expectations. You lead by example, inspire, coach, mentor, and teach as necessary, and hold people accountable to delivering as expected.
- You’re great at leading people across several disciplines, backgrounds, and cultures towards a singular goal or vision.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with strong command of the English language.
- You are confident but willing to learn. You give and receive constructive criticism well.
- You’ve got experience managing remote teams and managers, finding a way to create an inclusive team culture despite geographical distance.
- Based in Singapore, and willing to travel occasionally to other offices.
- A passion for nurturing talent, supporting and growing people, and helping them find the most suitable role within our organization.
- Ability to still get your hands dirty when needed to dig into projects and provide support and coordination to get tough problems solved.
Nice skills to have, but not required
- Comfortable communicating with developers on technical topics
- Several years of experience managing people-managers, as some or all of your direct reports will be managers
- Expert proficiency in Jira