Wanted: An expert Director of Communications
Can you manage and grow our global communications team?
We’re looking for a Director of Communications who will lead the charge in elevating our brand into a household name through PR, social media, and stakeholder engagement.
Join the Team
You’ll lead the communications for a fast-rising global leader in online privacy and security, with millions of users worldwide.
This is a leadership role, and your voice will be crucial to the marketing team. You’ll be central to defining strategic messaging across our entire company.
The communications team’s success will be measured by:
- Quality and quantity of media coverage delivered, including volume of top-tier media coverage and share-of-voice
- Satisfaction of colleagues with the communications counsel, messaging strategy, and issue response coordination delivered by the team
- Impact on brand awareness, as measured by customer surveys and consumer behavior, resulting from communications campaigns and owned/earned social media
The Director of Communications’ success will additionally be measured by:
- Ability to grow and retain the team to meet the business’ communications needs globally
- Lead all facets of communications globally, including consumer communications, corporate affairs, and executive communications. Develop and execute global communications strategies and programs that deliver brand and business value.
- Build a world-class global communications team. Through strategic expansion planning, hiring, and development, shape the future of the company’s communication function globally, both in-house and agency.
- Be a key voice within our organization, providing a strong point-of-view and collaborating cross-functionally with marketing, SEO, product, and other teams to shape strategy and craft compelling messaging and campaigns.
- Guide high-level messaging on crucial, complex, fast-moving and/or sensitive matters. Provide senior communication counsel to senior leadership.
- Lead issue and crisis management. You’ll ensure customers, media, and other key stakeholders are well informed and reassured should issues arise that require a public response.
- Spearhead media relations strategy that enables your team to deliver a steady drumbeat of quality coverage, building brand awareness, and thought leadership.
- Creatively translate our technology and the complex issues it addresses into meaningful, impactful stories for a wide range of audiences.
- Establish and manage relationships with non-profits, advocacy groups, industry coalitions, and other organizations that align with our mission and strengthen our reputation.
Please get in touch if you have the following skills or experience, we’d love to tell you more about this role and our company.
- Experience as a senior practitioner of technology communications with strong track record delivering measurable brand and business value; in-house experience preferred.
- Proven ability as a team leader, equipped to recruit, empower, and develop extraordinary talent.
- World-class strategic messaging ability.
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders at all levels, across functions, and drive change through influence.
- Self-driven with strong attention to detail and a passion for communication management.
Though not essential, we think these skills would be beneficial to have.
- Demonstrable media contacts.
- Native English speaker with proficiency in another language (French, German, or Spanish) would be a plus.
- Experience in global consumer tech communications.
- Experience managing social media channels.
- Experience collaborating (or even managing) teams across time zones.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.