Location: Hong Kong or Singapore
Finance Operations and Payable Manager
We are seeking an experienced Finance Operations Manager with proven financial accounting, operational processing and project management background who is excited to join an expanding Finance team at a fast-growing Company. This role will ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership in financial and operational functions, This is a hands-on role to ensure necessary controls are in place relating to financial processes, treasury functions, system changes and improvements.
This role will have broad exposure to management and peers across the business, with much opportunity to directly contribute to the organization’s priorities in line with strategic direction and changing environment.
What you will do
- Oversee the day to day operations of Accounts Payable and Receivable functions.
- Supervise the multi-currency treasury and cashflow management functions.
- Supervise the daily accounting activities.
- Assist Senior Manager to prepare and review monthly/quarterly/annual management financial statements in line with IFRS, with disclosures and notes to report to the group.
- Support internal and external audit review and ensure financial and operation controls are maintained.
- Coordinate with external auditors and tax consultants for local statutory audits and tax filings.
- Design, enhance and maintain system applications for processing and reporting financial information.
- Understand IFRS and group’s accounting policies and requirements, communicate to team and implement in the region
- Develop and maintain finance process documentation
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements.
- Coach, Guide and motivate a team of junior finance professionals.
- Oversee daily reconciliation of banks ensuring receipts and payments tie to bank and to accounting system
- Ensure accurate booking of AP transactions into accounting system, liaising with Group and ensuring Group requirements are executed accurately by the team
What you should have
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting, Financial Controls and Payables Processing.
- Solid experience in Treasury, Cashflow Projections and Payment functions.
- A recognized accounting degree.
- Well-versed in performing internal control and sound knowledge of risks and controls in an organization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally internally and externally, in an ambiguous environment.
- Must be proactive and passionate with high attention to detail.
- Willingness to teach and collaborate with others.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- People management skills
- Project management skills.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- CPA (or equivalent) qualification preferred.
- Experience using Oracle Netsuite.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities