Location : Singapore or Hong Kong
We’re one of the world’s leading providers of online privacy and security tools for consumers. Founded in 2009, we’ve grown to a team of more than 700 people across the globe, with a site that appears in 18 languages for millions of active paying customers around the world. Our brand is recognized by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. We see huge growth in our industry, and are rapidly gaining market share through strong execution.
About this role – Business Strategist
We’re looking for a big picture thinker who is also detail-oriented. In this high visibility role sitting within the group level, you will assess investment and business decisions and drive activities to support the organization's expansion plans and strategic initiatives. You will work closely with senior business stakeholders to ensure financial feasibility of investment proposals, strong execution to achieve transactional goals and targets, and close monitoring of the financials and budget control of ongoing investment projects. You will also support decisions for effective capital deployment and corporate valuation. Ideally you enjoy keeping abreast of the changing business landscape and the impact on the growing business.
- Support strategic planning sessions and work extensively with the senior management team to address various strategic exercises:
- Develop financial models to simulate implications of various scenarios on future free cash flows.
- For scenarios simulated, provide insights into historical trends and foresights into potential risk and opportunities to recommend the best path forward.
- Analyze past results and future outcomes to develop recommendations for change in model assumptions.
- Influence a high-performance company culture by challenging critical business assumptions and encouraging cross-functional collaboration.
- Perform sensitivity analysis to assess a reasonable range of outcomes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive and justify business decisions.
- Provide guidance on best practices of financial analyses, financial modelling, and scenario analysis/business case justification.
- Develop and become the custodian of the forward looking financial model.
- Provide finance support in the expansion of business – e.g. opening of new offices or new product launches.
This role is responsible for strategic exercises within organisation, including but not limited to, and in no particular order:
- Strategic planning exercises
- Investment option analysis
- Strategic business decisions
- Balancing between business controllership and business partnering with all stakeholders
To succeed in this role, we’d love for you to have the following skills:
- Preferably 5+ years of overall experience, with at least two years in corporate strategy/corporate planning/corporate finance/investment banking/consulting
- Degree in accounting, economics, commerce, or engineering. Or someone who demonstrates strong business acumen with critical thinking ability.
- Ability to structure data into useful information for varying business audience
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Microsoft Office or equivalent skills, plus advanced Excel skills, with ability to structure financial models for sensitivity analysis and usage by non-finance users
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Highly creative and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- Nice to have: Data querying skills (e.g. SQL), M&A experience (e.g. corporate valuation, financial due diligence)
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.